Grant Researcher/Writer for Community Veteran Justice Project (Ages 55+)
LA WORKS RSVP
Quick Overview: Provide grant and funding research support to this valuable organization and its programs.
Organization Name: Community Veteran Justice Project
Organization Website: https://www.cvjp.org/
Mission: The Community Veteran Justice Project (CVJP) is dedicated to ensuring current and former military service members receive the information, support, and services they need to use California's Veteran Statutes to improve their lives. CVJP provides specific services, policy advocacy, and community education to assist justice-involved service members/veterans with obtaining alternative sentencing for some felonies, and diversion for misdemeanor cases. This can result in treatment rather than incarceration, some cases being dismissed, and records being sealed.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Research, develop, and write inquiries, letters, and other fundraising documents
- Draft proposals and other correspondence to solicit grant funds (work with ED, edit documents)
- Track and monitor proposals, their deadlines, and requirements
- Ensure proposals and grant reports are submitted by the deadline(s)
- Experience in philanthropy and non-profits a plus
- Proven experience as a nonprofit grant writer preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Proficient in writing, communications or relevant field
About LA WORKS RSVP
570 W. Ave. 26 Suite 400, Los Angeles, CA 90065, US
Founded in 1991, our mission consists of three principal pillars: INCREASE volunteer participation in community service projects; PROVIDE our nonprofit partners with access to volunteer labor and other RESOURCES; and EDUCATE and encourage people to engage in the broader social issues affecting the greater Los Angeles Community. L.A. Works' RSVP opportunities are specifically designed for active baby boomers who want to make a lasting contribution to the Los Angeles community.
L.A. Works is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, volunteer action center that creates and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area. We strive to empower Angelenos to address pressing social issues through volunteerism and community collaborations.