42 people are interested
Program Tech Support (Long Island Chapter)
ORGANIZATION: Alzheimer's Association - Long Island Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
42 people are interested
PROGRAM TECH SUPPORT
Program Tech Support volunteers assist Alzheimer's Association staff and volunteers to provide support groups and education programs through virtual platforms and expand the reach of Alzheimer's Association programs in the community. Program Tech Support volunteers help teach webinar technology to other volunteers and troubleshoot webinar access issues with constituents.KEY ACTIVITIES:
- Serve as host/moderator of web-based education programs or support groups offered through Zoom, BlueJeans, Google Meets. The programs are taught or facilitated by Alzheimer's Association staff or volunteers with specialized training in these topics.
- Mentor and coach Alzheimer's Association volunteer Community Educators and Support Group Facilitators in use of technology to maximize the constituent / user experience.
- Troubleshoot constituent access issues for caregivers to participate in groups.
- Monitor chat, mute microphones and cue up Q&A for volunteers to answer. Launch polling if part of the user experience in the platform.
- Proactive and passionate about the mission of Alzheimer’s Association.
- Excellent technology skills and comfort using Zoom or other webinar technology independently.
- Demonstrated success moderating Q&A or monitoring chat during webinars.
- Ability to collaborate with staff and provide customer service type mentoring to volunteers and constituents.
- Program Tech Support volunteers commit to supporting a target of 2 virtual presentations or meetings per month on a flexible schedule (daytime, week nights & weekends available).
- Orientation includes: online program volunteer welcome and orientation (1 hour) + meeting with staff partner to learn chapter’s technology needs and resources.
- Program Tech Support volunteers must observe 1 community presentation led by a staff before running technology for a virtual meeting with another volunteer.
- Background checks are required as part of the volunteer selection process.
- Comply with Alzheimer’s Association volunteer policies and procedures.
- Perfect your customer service and support techniques.
- Serve your local community and people you care about.
- Increase your knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
- Build your resume and skill set.
- Join a network of other volunteers, Alzheimer's Association staff and professionals and caregivers in the aging field.
About Alzheimer's Association - Long Island Chapter
300 Broadhollow Rd, Melville, NY 11747, US
Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. Visit: https://volunteer.alz.org/home
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading, global voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care and support, and the largest, private nonprofit funder of Alzheimer’s research. We have more than 80 local chapters and National Service Areas throughout the country. We offer: Community education, support groups, early stage engagement programs, information & referral, and care consultations.
VirtualMelville, NY 11747
September 25, 2023
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training