Secretary, Borderless Allies
Borderless Allies is a non-profit volunteer organization with a focus on global disaster relief. We live in a connected world, and it’s up to all of us to do our part to make a difference! A better community is within our reach!
We are calling on a global plan to fight the COVID-19 pandemic by providing food and personal protective equipment (PPE) to underprivileged communities worldwide, especially in neglected third world countries.
So far, Borderless Allies has helped 2000 families in poverty survive through COVID-19. Our volunteers are helping the world with one care package, one mask, and one family at a time.
We are looking for a passionate volunteer to join our team as the Secretary. This position is remote.
Job Description: Borderless Allies is seeking an individual to lead the coordination and integration of the organization’s resources and operational systems. Supporting the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Secretary will report to the President along with the rest of the Board of Directors, ensuring the operational efficiency of the organization is upheld to fulfill the mission set forth by the Board of Directors. You will work alongside other members and take ownership of all organization-wide essential operations.
Volunteer Manager responsibilities and duties:
- Establishes, implements, and communicates the strategic direction and essential operational systems while maintaining organizational success
- Leads coordination and integration of resources and technology to produce streamlined workflow and effective processes for departments’ functions and operations
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop and meet organizational goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operational methods.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources and materials
- Establishes quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the organization’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated
- Sustains and manages process efficiencies, resource acquisition and utilization, and ensures that allocation of supplies and facilities are in line with the organization's programming and operations.
- Presents periodic performance reports and metrics to the President and other leadership
- Identifies improvement opportunities for the organization for short-term and long-term development of the individuals / teams overseen
- Maintaining awareness of best practices in non-profit and disaster relief related insights
- Performs other related duties as assigned
A preferred candidate should have the following qualifications and skills:
- Have at least 2 years of experience acting as a secretary, VP of Administration, or Operations role.
- Have experience working with or for a non-profit organization.
- Have served as a current or past member of Borderless Allies in a volunteer or executive leadership capacity. Strongly recommended, but not required.
- Have experience working within a chain of command and have the ability to collaborate with various individuals across multiple committees and within a Board.
- Proficient in Microsoft office including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Have experience organizing and documenting critical content using Google Drive.
- Have experience with collaboration tools such as Slack and Zoom.
To apply, please send your resume to
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Borderless Allies
2491 Purdue Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90064, US
Borderless Allies is an non-profit organization with a focus on global disaster relief. We live in a connected world, and it’s up to all of us to do our part to make a difference! A better community is within our reach!
Borderless GIVE Project: Global COVID-19 Relief
Families in underprivileged countries are making a trade-off between protecting lives and livelihoods. By providing food and masks to these families, we will ensure that kids won't starve, and working parents will be more protected against the virus.
Our goal for the COVID-19 project is to distribute a total of 100,000 masks and provide a total of 1000 meals in neglected communities of 10 developing countries.
We have established partnership with oversea nonprofits located in Ecuador, Guatemala, El Salvador, Mexico, Sri Lanka, India, Uganda, South Africa, and Cameroon.
In the last month, we have distributed a total of 20,000 masks in Guatemala, Sri Lanka, and Colombia. In addition, we have provided meal packages for more than 200 families in Mexico, Sri Lanka, and Guatemala.
We are seeking experienced, reliable and passionate volunteers to join our core group. Work with us to achieve a greater goal together!