RSVP of Collier County: Cultivate Abundance
RSVP of Collier County
This opportunity is limited to Collier County residents age 55+. Volunteers will work with the Retired and Senior Volunteer Project Director for placement and reporting.
Cultivate Abundance is a hidden gem in Immokalee, FL. The mission of Cultivate Abundance is to address food insecurity and other livelihood challenges in low-income migrant farmworker communities of Southwest Florida and beyond.
Volunteers are needed to assist with gardening, harvesting, and distributing produce to migrant farmworkers in Immokalee, FL. Volunteers must provide their own transportation to and from Immokalee. Cultivate Abundance will provide all gardening supplies. Volunteers will be working outside for 3-4 hours during their shift. Please consider this when applying.
About RSVP of Collier County
3339 E. Tamiami Tr., Naples, FL 34112, US
RSVP is a national program designed to provide opportunities for persons 55 and older who want to continue to remain actively involved in the life of their community. Our volunteers make a difference by utilizing their skills and interests to meet the needs of local nonprofits and governmental agencies.
Volunteering offers you the opportunity to use skills that you already possess, or learn new ones as you work to make a difference. Seniors who join RSVP report that their social lives become more active as they meet other volunteers. In addition, volunteering regularly can improve your overall health and well-being.
The Corporation for National and Community Service identifies focus areas in the Serve America Act. Collier County RSVP focuses on the following areas:
- Disaster Services - Concerns regarding the preparation, mitigation, response, and recovery efforts that relate to disaster events
- Economic Opportunity- Addresses unmet needs of economically disadvantaged individuals, including financial literacy, affordable housing, and employment-related assistance
- Education - Topics related to unmet educational needs within communities, especially those that help at-risk youth to achieve success in school and prevent them from dropping out
- Healthy Futures - Addresses unmet health needs, including access to health care, increasing physical activity and improving nutrition in youth, and increasing seniors’ ability to remain in their own home
- Veterans and Military Families - Addresses unmet needs of veterans, members of the armed forces and family members of deployed military personnel