Executive Assistant/Project Manager for Exciting Medical Compassionate Cannabis Company
We are an essential business helping patients get access to cannabis for free as well as working on several projects in the legal cannabis industry.
We have a volunteer team and are looking to add a key piece who are using the extra time provided by the coronavirus. We are looking for someone that has 20 hours or more of time available and can preferably travel a few days a week to Oakland.
This project is being headed by a former founder of a large consumer facing internet company and an esteemed doctor at Stanford who has been a role model for many women in the medical field. Both believe that cannabis has very strong health benefits and that patients with serious illnesses should not be denied cannabis due to economic hardship.
We are working on a very exciting project where you will be able to see the impact on many people first hand and are looking for a project manager, executive assistant to the CEO.
We are building an app that will revolutionize healthcare and bring credibility to proven alternative medicines. We are looking to help patients with their medical needs by creating a publicly available massive database of different ailments and the successes rate of using alternative medicines. We will be starting with cannabis.
We are helping patients of serious diseases receive cannabis free of charge and gathering data on its effectiveness. We are securing cannabis product donations from licensed cannabis companies and farms. We also provide support and patient outreach services as we support many patients of serious ailments such as cancer, parkinsons, epilepsy and chrones disease.
An example of a question we aim to answer is, Is cannabis just for the symptoms of cancer or can it actually reduce tumor size as some studies have suggested? We want to give quantitative data and analysis of which cannabinoids are the most effective (thc, cbd, cbg, thca, etc?)
We will be
- The first compassionate program that raises donations from people all over the country.
- Tap into the national urge to help the disadvantaged during the corona crisis.
- Be able to utilize the fact that cannabis companies in California are operating as they are considered an essential good.
- Gathering quantitative data on progress of patients via lab reports.
- Gathering qualitative data such as how the patient feels as well as testimonials.
- Utilize this data to educate medical professionals as well as potential patients.
There is a very large information gap between pro cannabis patients and the medical community. We intend on closing this gap, helping people and hopefully saving a few lives in the process. There is also an impactful software aspect to this project which can help people and gather data on a large scale.
Due to the corona situation we are working without an office. The position is for a project management/executive assistant to the CEO. Its preferable but not required that this is done in person occasionally as the CEO is more productive with someone by his side whom he can easily bounce ideas off of and can be better positioned to organize activities and delegate tasks to together to the remote team. The CEO has been in isolation so you wont increase your risk of Corona much. The ideal candidate should be highly organized and detail oriented and looking for a position where they can help someone. Prior experience is preferred but not required. You will be working often
Examples of your duties will be:
- To Keep the CEO organized
- To File help manage the non profit status and regulatory requirements
- To be able to assign tasks to remote employees and provide project guidance
- To keep team motivated and on track by scheduling regular team meetings
- To work with the CEO to design any internal communication systems
- To be a sounding board and give input in branding , marketing and strategic decisions
- To help create copy for collateral for promotion and fund raising
- To use google spreadsheets and docs and other project management tools
- To accompany CEO to pitch to potential donors or investors
- Be prepared to be out of your comfort zone and wear multiple hats as its a startup
We realize that we are asking a lot for volunteered time. The CEO is an expert digital marketer and happy to train you in marketing or other aspects of building a business. There is potential for this volunteer positions to become paid position in the future we raise funds. That being said you shouldn’t take this position if you are desperate for work to pay the bills at the moment.
Please email your resume and a cover letter explaining:
- What you currently do with the majority of your time.
- Can you work 20 hours or more as a volunteer?
- What is your schedule like?
- Are you able to work in Oakland?
- What attracts you to this position?
- Why are you good for this position and what skills do you bring?
- What form of video chat do you have and what is your preferred username between skype, hangouts and zoom?
This position needs a certain amount of flexibility as the CEO has several projects going on concurrently and your job will be to work in tandem with him to help him stay focused. This is a true startup so you must be comfortable bringing organization to a messy situation, especially with numerous people working remotely.
About Free Democracy
1 Lakeside Dr, Oakland, CA 94612, US
We are building an app that will revolutionize healthcare and bring credibility to proven alternative medicines
We are looking to help patients with their medical needs by creating a publicly available massive database of different ailments and what the successes using alternative medicines are. There is a lot of false information regarding alternative medicines and a lot of helpful medicines which are being ignored. Patients will work with us to bring quantitative information as well as testimonials on various medicines.
Cannabis is of interest as there are purported to be 160 ailments that cannabis can help treat or cure. We are going to find out which are correct and which arent and help change the lives of millions by gathering quantitative data and disseminating it along with first hand testimonials and qualitative data from the perspective of patients.
The technology that we are building to enable this is advanced and pioneering.