Atlanta GLOW's mission is to encourage, educate and equip young, low-income women to be thriving, self-sustaining leaders and effective agents of economic growth within their communities.
Atlanta GLOW board members support the work of Atlanta GLOW and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by Atlanta GLOW’s Executive Director (ED), the Board-ED relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. Board member duties include:
* Maintaining knowledge of the organization and a personal commitment to its goals and objectives.
* Serving as a trusted advisor to the ED as she develops and implements Atlanta GLOW’s strategic plan.
* Reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to Board and committee meetings.
* Assisting the ED in identifying and recruiting other Board Members.
* Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments.
* Representing Atlanta GLOW to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization.
* Ensuring Atlanta GLOW’s commitment to a diverse Board and staff that reflects the communities Atlanta GLOW serves.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Atlanta GLOW’s mission and who has a track record of Board leadership. Selected Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board Members. Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
* Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector.
* A commitment to and understanding of Atlanta GLOW’s beneficiaries, preferably based on education and/or experience.
* Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals.
* Personal qualities of Christian spirituality, integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of Atlanta GLOW’s beneficiaries.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About ATLANTA GROWING LEADERSHIP OF WOMEN INC
2886 Sandy Plains Rd #670653, MARIETTA, GA 30066, US
Atlanta Growing Leadership Of Women's mission is to encourage, educate and equip young, low-income women to be thriving, self-sustaining leaders and effective agents of economic growth within their communities.
Founded in 2014, Atlanta Growing Leadership Of Women (GLOW) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that aims to ignite each young woman’s leadership potential and equip her with the tools to take action and thrive in her home, school, workplace and community. To date, Atlanta GLOW has proudly served countless youth and young adults across our programs which focus on: (1) Life Skills Training - We help young women build the competencies they need to achieve their long term goals and lead healthy, productive lives; (2) Leadership Development - We expose young women to amazing leaders and engage them in opportunities to make a difference in their communities; (3) Mentoring - We connect young women with professional women to serve as role models and advocates to youth in achieving their goals and making healthy decisions; and (4) Networking - We provide connections to community resources to help ensure young women have access to all available health, education, career and social services for which they are eligible.
Children & Youth
We'll work with your schedule.
2886 Sandy Plains Rd #670653Marietta, GA30066
August 2, 2020
Business Development & Sales Management
Must be at least 25
Orientation or Training
The time commitment for individual Board duties is estimated at 1-5 hours a month, depending on the time of year. Board meetings will be held annually and semiannually; the frequency of committee meetings will vary.
So that Atlanta GLOW can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, Atlanta GLOW expects to have 100% of Board Members make an annual contribution of $1,000 (give or raise).