22 people are interested
Board's Vice Chairman (Interim to Permanent)
22 people are interested
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a talented individual who can serve as the Vice Chairman of our Board of Directors. The Vice-Chairman will assist the Chairman in performing the duties and responsibilities of the board. In addition to other responsibilities/duties, he/she will monitor the implementation of YOURpath's strategies relating to our quarterly and annual objectives/goals. He/she will also take on an active role in the fundraising and outreach efforts of the organization. The Vice-Chairman will take on the role as the acting Chairman in the board's Chairman's absence.
Other Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrate a degree of knowledge and understanding about basic adult education and distance learning.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in the role occupied.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all board members and officers.
- Attend all board meetings.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills (written and oral).
- Participate in fundraising activities (i.e., grant research, host events, and soliciting donations/sponsorships).
- Participate in community outreach activities.
Time Commitment and Expectations
- Commit to 2 hours of attendance at board meetings, which will occur every quarter.
- Commit time to research grant opportunities.
- Commit time to participate in fundraising events.
- Commit time to community outreach activities.
- Commit to annual membership dues via personal and solicited donations and fundraising.
- Meet the minimum preferred qualifications.
- Experience serving as a board member (preferred)
- Leadership experience and skills
- Knowledge about basic adult education.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Demonstrate a servant, collaborative leadership style.
- Make an impact in the field of experiential education.
- Professional and social networking.
- Share your skills and talent.
- Learn or develop new skills.
- Enhance your resume.
- Sharpen leadership skills.
- Support a worthy cause/mission.
Interviews will be ongoing from December 2020. Please complete the application: https://yourpathforadultlearners.com/opportunities. Thank you!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About YOURpath for Adult Learners
701 Cathedral Road, Suite 45-203, Philadelphia, PA 19128, US
YOURpath for Adult Learner’s mission is to ensure that every adult student enrolled in our program achieves his/her high school equivalency diploma by successfully passing either the General Education Development (GED) or the High School Equivalency Test (HiSET), and has access to resources for advance learning and employment/career opportunities upon the attainment of his/her diploma.
Who we are: YOURpath for Adult Learners is a 501c3 nonprofit organization, offering adult students access to online GED & HISET preparation courses. Through these courses, students gain the content knowledge and literacy/numeracy skills that they need to take and pass their high school state assessment and earn their high school equivalency diploma.
Achievements: Since commencing our operations in June 2018, we have witnessed extraordinary results. To learn about our achievements, click here: https://yourpathforadultlearners.com/our-board-of-directors . You may also visit our website, www.yourpathforadultlearners.com and view our newsletters.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 18, 2021
- Business Development
- Grant Writing / Research
- Must be at least 18