The mission of Girls on the Run is to build joyful, confident girls through a curriculum-based running and social-emotional skill-building program. Girls on the Run of the Bay Area is a local chapter of a nationwide nonprofit, serving the counties of Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, and San Mateo. In those counties, our chapter serves over 2000 girls each year through 150+ schools and community center partners and the mobilization of hundreds of volunteers. We are seeking a ProgramCoordinator to play a critical role in building our capacity to serve more girls, year-over-year. This position reports to the Program Director.
What you’ll do:
- Onboard, train, and mobilize volunteer coaches for all sites
- Respond to inbound inquiries about coaching in a timely manner
- Ensure that all program sites are staffed with volunteer coaches: provide weekly updates to Program Director during placement period leading up to season launch: communicate placements and manage all aspects of volunteer coach pipeline
- Complete all coach onboarding: track requirements and document according to our standards, as required by funders and district contracts
- Ensure that each coach is assigned the Girls on the Run Learning Academy online modules through our Learning Management System (LMS)
- Ensure that all coaches complete a fingerprint background check: this will require you to receive a special fingerprint to become a Custodian of Records
- Assist in virtual facilitation of coach trainings and mid-season coach meetings; manage RSVPs and technology logistics
- Conduct site visits to teams in action (in-person if possible/safe: otherwise, dropping in to Zoom meetings); provide constructive feedback and technical support to coaches
- Manage all aspects of program supply operations; manage inventory; track distribution/collection of program supplies
- Manage program supply inventory; track distribution and collection of program supplies
- Maintain an accurate and updated database of volunteers for record-keeping and reporting
Qualifications: - Demonstrated experience (though internships or previous positions) in project management
- Ability to balance multiple priorities at once.
- A flexible, "make-it-work" attitude and capability to respond to unexpected changes
- Ability to streamline processes and strive to make things run smoothly and efficiently.
- Strong communication skills
- Dedicated to cultivating relationships with volunteers and have a customer-service orientation
- Mission-driven; passionate about our organization’s mission
- Part-time (20 hours per week) offered at $25/hour
- Occasional evening and weekend work is required for signature events including coach training
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to Sonia Reza at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Women's Building, 3543 18th Street #31, San Francisco, CA 94110, US
To educate and build confidence in young girls through quality running programs in San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin and San Mateo Counties.
Girls on the Run of the Bay Area provides after-school running programs for girls ages 8-14 in San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin and San Mateo Counties. Our innovative curriculum focuses on building self-esteem and improving physical and emotional well-being at an early age. Each session incorporates interactive, uplifting games developed to teach the girls a specific life lesson, such as the importance of healthy eating habits, learning to listen and why gossiping is a bad habit. Girls gain a better understanding of how to make healthy decisions, resolve conflict, maintain a positive attitude, build supportive relationships and cooperate in a group. We also train the girls to participate in either a one-mile or 5K (3.1 miles) event during the final week of the program.