TECH: Head of IT
Summary / Objective
The primary responsibility of this position is to oversee the IT team to ensure management of the information technology processes. (JIRA /Salesforce/Slack /G Suite/AWS/Automation).
Role and Responsibilities
This role provides direction to the IT managers and ensures the planning, organizing, and controlling of IT operations and IT volunteers.
- Provide guidance and direction to the IT team
- Oversee the design, development, implementation and coordination of systems, policies and procedures
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes
- Oversees the of auditing Distribution Lists (Groups), Google Form access, and 3rd party access
- Define and manage organizational structure (create your organizational chart, establish weekly meetings with team, KPIs...)
- Manage your team (onboard/offboard your team, hold them accountable, work with HR to recruit...)
- Interview with potential volunteers
- Attends monthly management meetings and holds weekly department meetings
- Ensure organization and all volunteers follow proper finance procedure as set forth by you and your team
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of cloud offerings, Google Product Suite, database and web browser technology
- Strong communication skills
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
- Education and/or certifications in IT disciplines or relevant field
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- BS in Computer Science, MIS or similar field
- Management experience, a plus
JerseySTEM utilizes G-Suite (Gmail, Sheets...), JIRA, Slack and Salesforce
JerseySTEM is a virtual organization. Volunteers utilize their computer, WiFi and phone.
Addressing Impact of Covid-19
JerseySTEM provides STEM enrichment programs to middleschool teens in underserved communities, and are working to reach children who have experienced academic disruption.
36 Chatham Road, Summit, NJ 07901, US
Our Mission JerseySTEM is a grassroots 501(c) nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing Science, Technology, Engineering and Math ("STEM") education to pre-teen and teenage girls and underserved children in New Jersey. We partner with socially responsible companies and their employees, youth organizations in underserved communities, and civic-minded college students and universities. Together we develop and deliver innovative, hands-on afterschool projects and inquiry-based learning opportunities that develop teamwork, 21st century problem solving skills, and self esteem. Our Goals Reduce the gender gap in STEM participation by serving 25,000 girls by 2025 Bridge the innovation gap in STEM education by introducing novel formats for teaching Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math Address the opportunity gap by expanding access to STEM programs in underserved communities
Incorporated in 2013, JerseySTEM started bringing afterschool enrichment programs to middle school girls in 2015.
We have since provided 1,000 students with exposure to afterschool enrichment programs delivering more than 20,000 hours of instruction. Students learn to code, build robots, solve problems and through that process gain self-esteem and confidence that they can be the leaders of tomorrow.