URGENT: Disaster Mental Health Services Team Member
American Red Cross
The purpose of this position is to provide Disaster Mental Health services to clients and Red Cross workers during preparedness, response, and recovery within a chapter/region.
- Provide Disaster Mental Health interventions to clients impacted by a disaster.
- Participate in relevant meetings and activities as a member of the Disaster Mental Health chapter team.
- Participate in preparedness efforts, such as the Home Fire Campaign or community disaster education.
- Help facilitate long-term recovery for clients impacted by disaster.
- Assist the chapter in developing partnerships with local mental health agencies.
- Support other disaster responders before, during and after disaster response using staff mental health strategies.
About American Red Cross
520 E Chestnut St, Louisville, KY 40202, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.