Grant Researcher/Writer for Hollywood Food Coalition (for 55+)
LA WORKS RSVP
Quick Overview: Use your grant writing expertise to help Hollywood Food Coalition serve and provide essential services to the homeless and other food insecure populations 365 days a year.
Organization Name: Hollywood Food Coalition
Organization Website: https://hofoco.org/
Mission and Program Description: The mission of Hollywood Food Coalition is to feed and serve the immediate needs of the hungry every night of the year so they can build better lives. Our vision is a city where everyone has food, community, and support. For 33 years, we have served a hot, nutritious dinner every night of the year to homeless and food insecure individuals. All our food is donated, and we share thousands of pounds of excess food with partner social service organizations all across the city. As an essential service, we have remained open during the COVID-19 crisis and will continue to serve those who struggle to access food for years to come.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: We are looking for an experienced grant researcher and writer who can help HFC develop a grant calendar. The objective is to increase our pool of available donors as well as the number of grant applications we submit. The strategist will meet with the Director of Development to:
* Investigate and identify at least 20 new, prospective funding sources
* Draft compelling grant proposal narratives and other correspondence to solicit grant funds
* Research, develop, and write inquiries, letters, and other fundraising documents
* Track and monitor proposals, their deadlines, and requirements
* Establish a system for more efficiently finding and applying to grants
* Proven experience as a non-profit grant writer
* Working knowledge of MS Office
* Strong planning, communication, and organizational skills
* Excellent writing, grammar, and research skills
* Experience in philanthropy and non-profit organizations a plus
About LA WORKS RSVP
570 W. Ave. 26 Suite 400, Los Angeles, CA 90065, US
Founded in 1991, our mission consists of three principal pillars: INCREASE volunteer participation in community service projects; PROVIDE our nonprofit partners with access to volunteer labor and other RESOURCES; and EDUCATE and encourage people to engage in the broader social issues affecting the greater Los Angeles Community. L.A. Works' RSVP opportunities are specifically designed for active baby boomers who want to make a lasting contribution to the Los Angeles community.
L.A. Works is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, volunteer action center that creates and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area. We strive to empower Angelenos to address pressing social issues through volunteerism and community collaborations.