Classroom Volunteer for Junior Achievement of Eastern Iowa
Junior Achievement of Eastern Iowa
Financial Literacy l Career and College Readiness l Entrepreneurship
Junior Achievement (JA) is a nationwide, volunteer led, school based program. The goal of JA is provide opportunities for educators and students to experience real-world, interactive lessons from the volunteer’s perspective. Whether you are a stay at home parent or a CEO, your experiences, coupled with the JA curriculum, opens a student’s eyes to see themselves beyond school.
Volunteer led interactive games and discussions bring the lesson to life.
- Share your personal and professional experiences, allowing students to learn
about various life choices.
- Multi-visit delivery, 5 or 6 visits for 30-45 minutes each (or lead all activities in one
day 3-5 hour commitment).
- All materials for your visits are provided and include step-by-step instruction.
- Volunteering with JA is not only fun, but also great professional development. Many
count their JA experience for volunteer credit hours with their employer.
- JA volunteers find the experience to powerful, fun, and rewarding - many
come back and teach with us year after year!
Terms: Car Required - Must Provide Own Transportation
About Junior Achievement of Eastern Iowa
324 3rd Street SE, Ste 200, Cedar Rapids, IA 52401, US
Junior Achievement educates young people about economics, business and the value of free enterprise in order to improve the quality of their lives and to make them workforce ready.
We focus on the three pillars of JA:
Work Readiness Financial Literacy Entrepreneurship
Locally JA serves over 42,000 students annually. We place business and community leaders into the classroom to teach kids during the school day at their schools.