4 people are interested
4 people are interested
Welcome to Animal Care of Davis County.
We are in desperate need of volunteers to help us with driving cats to the Cache Valley Humane Society for services they provide. We need volunteers every Thursday (or every other Thursday) to either do drop-offs at 12PM or pick-ups at 5PM.
Volunteers will need to go through our Orientation and the Fear Free Shelters Course. In addition, volunteers will need to go through the Davis County Driver's Course to be eligible to drive our company trucks. You may use your own car. Volunteers will need to provide proof of driver’s license and proof of insurance.
You can either choose to just do drop-offs or pick-ups, but we would deeply appreciate it if you can do both and do more than once a month.
About Animal Care of Davis County
1422 E 600 N, Fruit Heights, UT 84037, US
Davis County Animal Care is committed to providing great service to residents and compassionate care to animals, working tirelessly to support public safety, find homes for homeless animals and educate the community about responsible pet ownership.
ACDC (Animal Care of Davis County) is an organized agency of the Davis County Government. Our staff consists of a group of caring professional people dedicated to serving the public and making life a little better for the animals and residents of Davis County.
Anything and everything that is animal related. Our staff of 24 responds to the Animal related needs of every community in Davis County, as well as Hill Air Force Base.
Our Program has two essential components.Field Service:
- Regular Routine Pro-active Patrol
- 24 Hour Emergency Call Out
- Neglect and Cruelty Investigations
- Rabies Investigation and Control
- Assisting 17 local City and County Police Agencies
- Resolving nuisance animal complaints regarding barking dogs, dogs at large, as well as a wide variety of other neighborhood disputes involving animals.
- Inspection of Animal related businesses
- Impounding of stray and unwanted animals
- Impounding of stray livestock
- Capture and removal of nuisance Urban Wildlife
- Animal Rescue.
- Sheltering and caring for all impounded animals
- Humane Euthanasia
- Emergency Animal First Aid
- Animal Adoptions
- Humane Education Information Programs
- Customer service at the shelter
- Telephone and Radio dispatching and customer service
1422 E 650 NKaysville, UT 84037
October 11, 2021
- Truck Driving
- Bus/Van Driving
- Animal Care / Handling
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We need volunteers to be able to drive at least 1 hour to and from the facility to Cache Valley Humane Society.
- You will need to take Orientation, take the Fear Free Shelters course and take the Davis County Driving Course, especially if you are using our company car to transport our cats. Either use the company car or use your own car.