1 person is interested
Virtual Volunteer Operations Manager/Mentor
ORGANIZATION: Thaddeus Resource Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
We empower girls and women to move from hopeless to hopeful!
The Thaddeus Resource Center is a nonprofit organization whose purpose is to restore HOPE, inspire GROWTH, and EMPOWER girls and women through education, life skill development, workforce training, and other supportive services. We pride ourselves in having established a family-oriented culture that promotes open communication and collaboration through our values of Empowerment, Commitment, Hope, Compassion, Community, and Grace.
If you are looking to truly make an IMPACT, join our team and help us achieve our mission and vision of reaching our community of women, girls, and at-risk youth.
The Operations Department Manager is a crucial part of the management team that provides administrative support in our nonprofit organization and is a resource responsible for the operations team. This role is critical in developing and managing/implementing the organization's internal and external growth programs, training operations interns, developing strategic and tailored plans aligned with the organization's goals, and assisting in multiple departments as needed.
- Directly supervise 5 to 10 interns in the Operations department.
- Oversee and assist in various Operations processes, including but not limited to: analyzing, generating, and maintaining records and other reference materials; developing operational and strategic goals aligned with Thaddeus's missions and administering their completions; identifying gaps and trends among the organization and its employees
- Develop and manage general training and opportunities for Operations staffs
- Develop and facilitate workshops for Operations interns to learn and grow in the field
- Participate in group and individual mentoring, and maintain strong relationships with staff and the community
- Administer support and guidance to the executive director, fellow management, and other staff when complex and sensitive questions/issues arise
- Provide support to HR in constructive and timely performance evaluations
- Education: Bachelor's in Business Administration, Management, Finance, Human Resources, I/O Psychology or a relevant filed
- Previous management experience in a similar role or environment
- At least 5 years of experience related to Administrative/Operational activities
- At least 1-2 years of experience in Operations Management/Mentoring.
- Ability to understand nonprofit business goals and recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity, and development of the Operations department within the nonprofit
- Ability to create a vision and goals for the Operations team; inspire and motivate the team to achieve excellence in terms of Thaddeus staff support and core Operations Department processes
- Strong technical and organizational skills, in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills, in a professional environment.
- A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality
- Excellent multi-tasking, time management, interpersonal communication, and business writing skills
- Creative problem-solving skills and motivated by creating solutions for teams
- Proven leadership, coaching, and facilitation skills
- Ability to work independently with little instructions and strong attention to details
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Office 365), Canva, and Adobe DC
- Manager must have the appropriate technology, internet connection, and ability to function in a virtual capacity via Microsoft Teams.
Time Commitment and Working Conditions:
- Must be available for the following VIRTUAL weekly meetings:
- Weekly All Staff Meeting: Mondays 9:30 AM - 11 AM PST
- Weekly Back-Office Meetings: Fridays 1:00 - 3:00 PM PST
*** We are an equal-opportunity employer. ***
15 More opportunities with Thaddeus Resource Center
About Thaddeus Resource Center
Damien Avenue, La Verne, CA 91750, US
The Thaddeus Resource Center is a 501 c(3) non-profit organization whose purpose is to RESTORE HOPE, INSPIRE GROWTH, and EMPOWER GIRLS & WOMEN through education, life skill development, workforce training, and other supportive services.
Through our work, we hope to stop the downward spiral of at-risk and foster youth by providing them with valuable life, college and career development skills, they will be able to reverse their downward spiral so they can become our future leaders.
Our vision is to empower girls and women to move from hopeless to hopeful! We want to give teen mothers, single mothers, mothers of children with special needs, and mothers that are just in need the knowledge, confidence, and the opportunity to provide a better life for the next generation
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
February 17, 2023
- Business Development
- Group Facilitation
- Professional Development