Project Households will suffer financially from the pandemic. We are developing a prototype for 16-19-year-olds that provide all the information needed to become financially successful. Teens will be involving their parents and guardians to answer some of their household financial information. This can open discussions about money among members of the household, and generate ideas on how to navigate through the financial impact of the pandemic.
Join our product owners, software developers and UXUI team to finish a prototype for a unique, gamified, highly interactive program that engages teens in all the information they need to become financially successful.
Work in modified Agile and meet once or twice a week.
Organization App to Succeed is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organizations that aims to end poverty in the United States by providing at risk Americans with the information they need to become financially successful, no matter what their current circumstances are.
Proficiency in Jira, Heroku, Agile Methodology, and Slack is a plus.
Minimum of 10 hours per week for 4 months. Preference for 15+ hours and 6-12 months.
Compensation As a young nonprofit, we are not yet able to pay our volunteers but we do offer soft benefits.
1. Volunteers who fulfill their time commitment with App to Succeed, Inc. and exceed expectations, receive a letter of reference written by the CEO, upon request, and #2 and #3
2. Volunteers who fulfill their time commitment to App to Succeed, Inc. and contribute work good enough to use in the prototype will receive a Certificate for Service, upon request, and #3.
3. Volunteers who fulfill their time commitment will have their names listed on the website when next updated.
4. We offer flexibility: Set your schedule to work for you. Choose many of your assignments in order to achieve your personal goals as well as the project's priorities. Opportunity to work on a team and as a team member and independently.
5. Learn personal finance concepts by working with the project.
App to Succeed, Inc., is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization that aims to eliminate poverty in the United States and narrow the income gap by empowering at-risk Americans with all of the information they need to achieve financial success regardless of their current circumstances.
To date our organization is 100% volunteers. Over 470 professionals, graduate students, and college graduates with expertise in technical and creative fields have been working virtually to design and develop a best-in-class online experience for 16-19-year-olds Americans. It is part simulation, video game, and entertainment and is highly interactive and engaging. Each teen's experience is personalized to their interests, goals, abilities and learning styles. Teens will learn more than a semester course in personal finance through this experience. For more information visit www.ApptoSucceed.org. The website is in the process of being redesigned but it will provide the information you need. Make a difference and help this upcoming generation to become financially successful regardless of their current circumstances and trends that will challenge them financially.
Children & Youth
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
November 3, 2020
Website Project Management
SQL / MySQL
Must be at least 20
Min. 10 hours per week for 4 months.
Preference for 15+ hours per week for 6-12 months.
Fulfill commitment. Willing to learn new skills. Willing to assist and/or collaborate with other software developers on the team. Productive virtual worker. Solution oriented. Positive attitude. Good communicator. Achieves personal objectives.