Project Lockdown: QA/Functional Tester
Project Lockdown (The IO Foundation)
We are looking for a QA/Functional Tester who will work with our UI/UX and Development teams to ensure our audiences are getting an optimal experience!
You might be a good fit for this role if you:
- have experience with testing and are familiar with tools to test most common browsers (Safari, Chrome, IE, Edge) and operating systems (iOS, Android, Windows);
- are interested in conducting cross-browser testing for newly implemented features or before new versions launch;
- have the ability to lead and take initiative with the testing process;
- have good verbal and written communication skills and can report findings to UX and Dev teams;
- are meticulous and detail-oriented;
- are interested in human rights and/or digital rights and would like to be a part of this team and its goals!
If you would like to explore this role, please tell us a little about yourself and forward your resume/portfolio!
About Project Lockdown (The IO Foundation)
Riia tn 128, TArtu, Estonia 50411, CA
Project Lockdown maps the different Non-Pharmaceutical Interventions enforced by governments across the globe in response to the COVID-19 crisis in order to visualize the success of different pandemic response measures, monitor effects on Human and Digital Rights, and clarify evaluation metrics.
Lockdown, quarantine, and isolation measures have been implemented across the globe to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and its strain on medical infrastructure. Project Lockdown is an open-source interactive map that empowers citizens, journalists, and human rights workers to easily analyze the social and political effects of these measures.
We are a global team of volunteers and developed the Beta map during the #EUvsVirus hackathon in late-April, where we won second place for the "Protection of Citizens & Democracy" challenge, and have since launched publicly! Our growing team consists of Data Scientists, Editors, Designers, and Web Developers, and we have support teams in Human Resources, Resource Allocation, Documentation, and Marketing and Communications. We foresee long-term viability for this project and welcome international volunteers!
Check out our interactive map at: https://projectlockdown.world/.