4 people are interested
Library and School Liaison Intern/Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Changing Children's Worlds Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
The library/school liaison would be responsible for connecting Changing Children's Worlds Foundation with libraries and schools in the community. The library/school liaison should be comfortable and familiar with a few of the libraries and schools in the area. This liaison’s job will focus on establishing relationships with these libraries and schools, interacting with them, requesting donation materials, and educating them on the mission of Changing Children's Worlds Foundation.
- Connecting with libraries and schools
- Requesting and procuring donation items (technology and books)
- Talk to libraries and schools about partnering with CCWF
- High School graduate, current college student, or college graduate who is self-motivated and directed;
- Able to dedicate at least 120 hours within a 3-4 month period;
- A strong interpersonal and communication skill set;
- The ability to plan, set goals and objectives, organize, and follow through;
- Proactive team player;
- Fun, personable, resilient, flexible, willing to step in when needed;
- Spanish language is not required but would be an asset.
- Ability to navigate local resources for donation materials (books/technology)
- Some experience in special events, marketing/social media is not required but would be an asset.
- This internship can be used to credits earned for an academic internship, dependent upon the institution’s approval;
- This is an unpaid internship.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Changing Children's Worlds Foundation
411 Steven St., Geneva, IL 60134, US
CCWF's vision is for every child and adolescent to have a strong network of caregivers engaged in supporting their positive development in nonviolent families and peaceful communities.
CCWF strives to improve children's worlds through awareness raising, education, and training throughout communities worldwide. Through our educational programs we address a universal need for all families to understand their child's needs and to give caregivers the confidence that they can support their child's development. We provide the foundation for participants in our program to give their children more positive life opportunities and experiences than they themselves had. CCWF strives to reduce the incidences of violence, maltreatment, and neglect through strengthening the capacity of parents, caregivers, and communities to care for children's health and emotional well-being.
411 Stevens St.Geneva, IL 60134
September 11, 2023
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Able to dedicate at least 120 hours within a 3-4 month period