Disaster Health Services Needed
American Red Cross of Central Florida
Are you a licensed healthcare professional? We need volunteers who can work in emergency shelters to help assess people’s health and provide hands-on care in alignment with their professional licensure. We also need volunteers who can provide care as delegated by a licensed nurse in shelters; this could include assisting with activities of daily living, personal assistance services, providing health education and helping to replace medications, durable medical equipment or consumable medical supplies. Daily observation and health screening for COVID-19-like illness among shelter residents may also be required.
We have both associate and supervisory level opportunities available. If you are an RN, LPN, LVN, APRN, NP, EMT, paramedic, MD/DO or PA with an active, current and unencumbered license, there is a role for you. Ancillary roles are available locally for Certified Nursing Assistants, Certified Home Health Aides, student nurses and medical students. RNs supervise all clinical tasks.
- Provide hands-on care for shelter clients to include but not limited to assistance with activities of daily living, wound care, incontinence care, assistance with functional needs.
- Provide health education, health assessments and determination if a higher level of care is needed.
- Assist clients to replace medications, durable medical equipment or consumable medical supplies.
- Advocate for client needs with Disaster Health Services supervisor.
- Support maternal and child needs as necessary.
- Complete required virtual self-paced training for position (4 hours total)
About American Red Cross of Central Florida
5 N Bumby Ave, Orlando, FL 32803, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Each day, thousands of people - people just like you - provide compassionate care to those in need. Our network of generous donors, volunteers and employees share a mission of preventing and relieving suffering, here at home and around the world.
We roll up our sleeves and donate time, money and blood. We learn or teach life-saving skills so our communities can be better prepared when the need arises. We do this every day because the Red Cross is needed - every day.