Shelter Volunteers Needed
American Red Cross of Central Florida
Due to predictions for an active hurricane season and the complexities of COVID-19, the Red Cross will need thousands of volunteers to care for people when disasters strike. Train now to be a Ready Red Cross Shelter Volunteer so you can answer the call when your community needs it most! We will need volunteers to help support emergency shelters by staffing different areas including reception, registration, feeding, dormitory, information collection and other vital tasks. We have both associate and supervisory level opportunities available. Will you be ready to roll up your sleeves and help?
- Follow worker safety procedures for working in a COVID environment
- Embody the fundamental principles of the American Red Cross in their work with clients, disaster responders and partners
- Provide excellent client service and support the daily maintenance of the shelter operation at the direction of the assigned Shelter Supervisor
- Use the Shift Tool during the disaster event to report availability and schedule shelter shifts
- Complete the required virtual self-paced training (3 hours of training total)
If you are interested, please visit www.redcross.org/volunteer and search for "Shelter" in the search bar to find positions.
About American Red Cross of Central Florida
5 N Bumby Ave, Orlando, FL 32803, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Each day, thousands of people - people just like you - provide compassionate care to those in need. Our network of generous donors, volunteers and employees share a mission of preventing and relieving suffering, here at home and around the world.
We roll up our sleeves and donate time, money and blood. We learn or teach life-saving skills so our communities can be better prepared when the need arises. We do this every day because the Red Cross is needed - every day.