Marketing Expertise needed for helping homeless Veterans
VETERAN SUPPORT ALLIANCE CORP
- Create a strategy and plan (to include KPIs) and key messaging framework for perspective donors across New England, with a future phase to grow nationally
- Assistance with website design & copy
- Launch of an appropriate outreach campaign / social media & engagement strategy with development of some foundational communication assets
- VSA Fact Sheet
- Regular newsletter design
- Outreach email
- Story for continued engagement of our audiences / supporters
- Scheduling posts / developing content
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About VETERAN SUPPORT ALLIANCE CORP
197 BOSTON POST RD W STE M, MARLBOROUGH, MA 01752, US
Ensuring all Veterans transitioning from homelessness have a bed & essential items; empowering and supporting them to confidently move forward
When a Veteran transitions from homelessness, the vast majority arrive at a home with no bed, no furniture, nor the essentials to begin living an independent life. There is a sophisticated network to find a home and work but this critical piece often goes unnoticed.
The problem is big. Veterans account for approximately 11% of the US homeless population, putting more than 46,000 Veterans homeless each night in America. This is especially tragic given that military service members make up less than 1% of the US population, thus making Veterans disproportionately represented in homelessness.
The problem is more acute during COVID-19. The sweeping economic, health and social damage that the global pandemic has caused in the US has strained resources to support homeless people who are particularly at risk. We have seen a surge in demand for our services during this period, with year-over-year requests for the same period higher this year.
Since 2014, we have supported 184 Veterans and 47 children. We are an all volunteer non-profit.