6 people are interested
6 people are interested
The Amity Care Palliative Volunteers are an integral part of the Palliative Care Team. They enhance the quality of life of the patient in many ways. The importance of our volunteers to the program cannot be overstated. Without volunteers we could provide neither the kinds nor the scope of services which are so urgently needed to enhance the quality of the lives of our patients and their families.
As members of the Palliative Care Team, there are specific functions and responsibilities expected of the Palliative Care Volunteer.
Reports to: Volunteer Coordinator or designate, Palliative Intake Coordinator
- To provide administrative support to the palliative team caring for patients who have a life-threatening or terminal condition and their family.
- To assist the health care team to provide optimum quality of life to the patient who is dying and their family.
- To support other Hospice Palliative Care volunteers and staff.
These may include
- Provide telephonic and coordination of care support to the patient and family
- Provide scheduling appointment assistance, direct patient messages, etc.
- Provide simple comfort measures for a patient and/or family
- Preparing documents for our palliative team members
- Giving reminders of scheduled appointments but NOT scheduling appointments
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Observing and reporting changes procedures to volunteer coordinator or designate, intake coordinator
- Writing letters, or reading to the patient
- Maintaining records of visits - day - time - travel
- Attend Volunteer training program and facility orientation programs
- Attending regular volunteer meetings
- Advising volunteer coordinator of sick leave or vacation
- Using telephone support when needed
- Becoming a valued member of the team
About Amity Care Hospice
161 Village Pkwy NE, Bldg 7, Marietta, GA 30067, US
Our mission is to respect the inherent value of patients and families dealing with a life limiting illness; to provide holistic care that nurtures the body, mind, and spirit; to honor their choices; and to promote peace in the midst of transition.
Who We Serve
Amity Care Hospice, cares for those faced with a life-limiting illness, which may include a wide variety of end stage diseases including advanced cardiac disorders, advanced respiratory disorders, cancer, end stage Alzheimer's, and many others. We also serve the families of our patients, recognizing they are in need of support when facing the loss of a loved one.
We do this regardless of our patient's ability to pay, and without regard to race, color, religions, age, sex, handicap (mental or physical), gender preference, and/or place of origin. These are hospice standards.
Because family is one of our core values, our Amity Care staff cares for our patients and families with the same tenderness, love, and compassion we would members of our own family. We recognize transition as a sacred moment in time and work to maintain it so that our families might experience peace in the midst of transition.
Where We Serve
Many think that hospice is a place. In reality, it is a philosophy of care offered those facing a life limiting illness. Amity Care Hospice cares for those faced with a life-limiting illness in the comfort of their own home whether that is in a private residence, assisted living or skilled nursing facility, personal care home, or boarding home.
While Amity Care Hospice's office is located in Marietta, Ga our service area is a 50 mile radius from the center point.
161 Village Parkway NEMarietta, GA 30067
August 29, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Hospice Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- This position does not have a concrete weekly time commitment. Amity Care Hospice is flexible and understands that volunteers have differing schedules from week to week.