36 people are interested
Pack and deliver lunches for homebound seniors in Northside Chicago
ORGANIZATION: Hanul Family Alliance
Please visit the new page to apply.
36 people are interested
Help feed homebound seniors in Chicago
We need volunteers to help pack homemade Korean meals and deliver them to homebound seniors in the Northside Chicago area. You'll be a part of helping provide vital services to seniors who need it most.
- Every Tuesday and Friday, 10 AM to around 1-2 PM
- 10 AM - 11 AM: Packing at office
- 11 AM - around 1-2 PM: Delivery to seniors' homes (car needed)
- Office located in Albany Park
- Delivery routes located around Northside of Chicago
- Must answer and pass screening questions prior to volunteering in person
- Must have a valid driver's license and access to a car
- Must present proof of vaccination and be fully masked when volunteering
09:30 AM to 11:00 AM
Lunch packing at Chicago office
10:45 AM to 01:00 PM
Lunch delivery to seniors' homes
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Hanul Family Alliance
5008 N.KEDZIE AVE, CHICAGO, IL 60625, US
To provide comprehensive community-based services to meet the needs of Korean-American seniors and families to enhance their quality of life.
Hanul Family Alliance was founded in 1987 as a Korean American Senior Center to meet the needs of primarily limited-English-speaking Korean elderly. Today, the agency annually serves over 7,000 individuals and families of all ages and ethnicities by providing a broad range of community services to meet the diverse needs of our community members. Our main office in Chicago, located in Albany Park, still serves as the comfort zone for our Korean seniors that reside in many different senior buildings in the North Side of the city. Since the inception of our new mission and vision, it also serves as a resource center for a wide variety of ethnic populations in the neighborhood. Our suburban satellite office in Mt. Prospect was established in 1999 to meet the needs of changing immigrant populations with rapid suburbanization. Most recently, Hanul opened up its third satellite office in Buffalo Grove to meet the needs of a rapidly growing Korean population in Lake County. Our three different offices conveniently serve our Korean American community spread throughout the Metro Chicago area.
5008 N Kedzie AveChicago, IL 60625
July 15, 2022
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Tuesdays and Fridays, 9:30 AM to around 1 PM. Must communicate with the coordinator beforehand if there are any schedule changes.
- Must have practiced safe social distancing and COVID safety measures. Must show proof of vaccination and wear a secure mask while volunteering and interacting with seniors.