** WE COUNT ON THE INDIVIDUALS WHO SIGN UP & IT HURTS THE FOOD PANTRIES WHEN INDIVIDUALS DO NOT FOLLOW THROUGH ON THEIR REGISTRATION. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP IF YOU DO NOT PLAN ON ATTENDING. CLEARANCE ITEMS MUST BE DONE BEFORE SHIFT.
READ BELOW FOR MORE INFO, THE CLEARANCE STEPS, LINKS, & SHIFT TIMES.**
Thousands of individuals have been impacted by COVID and many find themselves unable to provide even the most basic necessities for themselves and their families: food. At CCD, we are meeting the call of this need through our food pantries and we are in need of your help!
Duties/Responsibilities (depending on role assigned):
- Checking in clients (no direct contact)
- Bagging/boxing food
- Placing food in client vehicle trunks (no direct contact)
- Assisting with directing traffic
What makes a successful volunteer:
- Dependable & reliable
- Able to adhere to safety regulations set in place by agency
- Able to use hands to handle food items and lift medium-sized boxes (between 16 - 20 pounds)
- Ability to stand for hours at a time
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred, not required
Dress code: Comfortable & casual (tennis shoes), dress for the weather
Safety Guidelines & PPE use: Must bring your own nose/mouth covering (masks, scarves, bandanas); gloves will be provided; social distancing (6ft) must be maintained.
Individuals who do not wear a mask will not be able to volunteer.
Food pantry volunteers must go through CCD's volunteer clearance process which include steps:
1) Create a Volunteer Hub profile: https://ccdallas.volunteerhub.com/
2) Pass a CCD background check using this link & follow the instructions below: https://dallas.setanet.org/screening.php
- List "Catholic Charities" under your locations & "Food Pantry" as the Title
- Mark N/A for references. These are not required for food pantry volunteers.
Shift times: When contacting us about volunteering, please indicate the shift you are interested in. Tuesday - Thursday: 8:30AM - 1:30PM Friday: 12PM - 5PM Saturday: 8:30AM - 1:30PM
* Minimum age of volunteers is 14. Volunteers under 17 must have parent/guardian present.
Email Celeste Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 469-801-8170 with any questions.
Thank you for helping us answer the call and meet the need!