**VIRTUAL OPPORTUNITY** Blood Services Engagement Team Member
AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
The purpose of an engagement team member is to assist the Biomedical Services Volunteer Engagement team by providing support to ensure volunteer engagement. The purpose of engagement is to maintain and elevate relationships and track levels of commitment of current volunteers.
- Assist in engagement process with the Biomedical Workforce Volunteer Engagement Team
- Share additional volunteer opportunities with volunteers to encourage additional volunteer engagement
- Assign tasks to volunteers
- Help coordinate projects for engagement opportunities
- Review roster regularly for accuracy and activity, often referred to as 30-60-90 day review
- Log activities in Volunteer Connection
- Provide feedback to Engagement Lead and Rep on engagement cycle
- Volunteer Engagement Indicators Report Management
- Perform roster maintenance and submit volunteer position end date requests to Volunteer Services
- Review volunteer feedback survey and actioning finding with Leadership
- Enhance the Volunteer Experience - provide follow up to volunteers, ensure that feedback getting to the right place to make improvements
- Conduct mid-shift check in calls for new volunteer during their first shift
- Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs, required
- Cultural sensitivity to diverse audiences, required
- Knowledge and understanding of Red Cross services and operations and opportunities for volunteer service, preferred
- Work well both individually and with others, required
- Comfort using a computer, phone and access to internet, required
- Basic Microsoft Excel and Word experience, required
- Relationship building skills working collaboratively with staff/volunteer partners, required
- Prior experience with volunteer or employee engagement, preferred
About AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
2600 W. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53233, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Whether helping one displaced family or thousands, providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran, or teaching others how to respond in emergencies, it’s through the efforts of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.