Youth Action Campaign Coordinator for Services to the Armed Forces
Volunteer Leadership Opportunity!
The Regional Coordinator for the International Humanitarian Law (IHL) Youth Action Campaign (YAC) coordinates the program at a regional level. The Youth Action Campaign Coordinator informs youth ages 13-24 about international humanitarian law and encourages youth to build a peer-to-peer awareness campaign on an international humanitarian law topic.
- Attend the Coordinator Training
- Recruit teams of youth IHL advocates from Wisconsin to participate in the program
- Implement the IHL training for youth teams and help them to design their campaigns on an IHL topic
- Commit 3-4 hours a week with youth teams during the implementation of the campaign
- Take responsibility for youth registration, evaluation of the campaign, purchasing of supplies, and selecting who to send to DC for the annual summit
- Communicate as necessary with the IHL Program Officer
- Participate in the monthly call during the implementation of the program
- Occasional travel throughout Wisconsin Region to facilitate recruitment of advocates and training. (Red Cross vehicles available for use, pending motor vehicle background check)
- Approximately 10-20 hours per month, with flexibility.
- A passion for working with youth and an interest in IHL
- Excellent project management, group facilitation, and communication skills
- Must display flexibility, adaptability, initiative, and teamwork
- Must possess the ability to present politicized issues in compliance with the American Red Cross’s neutrality mandate
- Experience working with youth is preferred.
**Must submit a volunteer application at redcross.org/volunteer
Questions? Contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 347-8791
About American Red Cross - Wisconsin Region
4860 Sheboygan Avenue, Madison, WI 53705, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
2927 Losey Blvd S, La CrosseLa Crosse, WI 54601
September 1, 2021
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-20 hours per month, flexible.
- Must submit a volunteer application at redcross.org/volunteer