15 people are interested
Seeking a Dedicated Board Member
ORGANIZATION: FRIENDS OF STORYBOOK INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
15 people are interested
Friends of Storybook Inc. is a non-profit organization founded in 2020. It was designed to support The Storybook School, a Chinese/English bilingual preschool in the Sunset district. This organization was formed primarily as a fundraising organization to help cover expenses not included in The Storybook School's general operating budget. These include raisng money for enrichment opportunities for the children, to recruit and retain high quality and caring teachers, and to allow us to be inclusive of children with a wide range of abilities and behaviors. The Board will meet once per quarter for approximately 1 -1.5 hours. In addition to regular board meetings, board members are encouraged to participate according to their ability and the organization’s needs in activities including: fundraising, marketing the program, assisting in board recruitment, attending organizational events, participating in board development activities, and providing other supportive services as neededThe Main Areas Friends of Storybook Seeks help in are
- Developing goals and a fundraising plan for The Storybook School
- Planning our first significant TSS community fundraising event, a school Gala, or in this season of COVID finding alternative virtual fundraising activities
- Making financial decisions to ensure they are aligned with the organizational goals
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About FRIENDS OF STORYBOOK INC
2149 TARAVAL ST, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94116, US
Thank you for your interest in The Friends of The Storybook School Inc. (FOTSS). We started out this journey because we wanted to combine the collective vision of our experiences and desire to serve neighborhood preschool children in a Chinese American setting. A place where the children make their own choices, follow their interests, embrace our neighborhood, and have a teachers that act as collaborators and guides. Most importantly, we wanted to create a space where children, working parents, and staff could grow, progress, and love. We opened our doors in October 23rd, 2017 with one child and are excited that we now have a robust waiting list!
We are creating FOTSS to help us further build and realize our vision. This non-profit branch of The Storybook School will be established with these 3 goals in mind:
- To enrich the experiences of the classroom that are not covered under The Storybook School’s basic operating revenue.
- To establish competitive benefits offerings to help us attract and retain caring and excellent teachers. Our relationship based model of care will be most successful when our teachers grow with us and the children year after year!
- To provide an environment that is inclusive for all children. We would like to be able to allocate resources for children that may need a little more help.
2149 Taraval StreetSan FranciscoSan Francisco, CA 94116
September 27, 2022
- Business Development
- Child Development
- Community Outreach
- The Board will meet once a month for approximately 1 -1.5 hours. In addition to regular board meetings, board members are encouraged to participate according to their ability and the organization’s needs.