Nonprofit Social Media and Marketing Internships to Make a Difference
Work Online / Virtually
The New York Times called our nonprofit, ChangingThePresent.org, "an Amazon.com of the nonprofit world."
We are recruiting high-performing college students nationwide to join us as Social Media and Marketing Internships.
How You Benefit
Use your skills, talent, and creativity to:
- make a difference as we channel to nonprofits some of the $450 billion Americans spend each year on birthday, wedding, and holiday presents
- take on a leadership role, learn, and develop your skills
- make friends and build your network at your school and nationwide
- enhance your resume with a record of achievement and community service.
We are hiring for the summer and/or for the school year. This role takes just three to four hours per week. Much of the work can be done online, so you do not need to be on-campus to join us.
About Changing The Present
At the same time the causes and nonprofits you care about desperately need far more funding, Americans spend $450 billion a year on birthday, wedding, and holiday presents. Of course, many of those presents are simply a waste of money. Imagine how much good that money could do it if were donated to nonprofits, instead!
We help nonprofits capture some of that fortune. We do it by making the experience of a donation, which you give in a friend's name, feel like a rewarding present and an appealing alternative to buying yet more "stuff." We provide:
- tangible charitable gifts (preserve an acre of the rain forest, fund an hour of cancer research, etc.)
- personalized printed greeting cards
- wish lists and registries
- gift cards, etc.
We already work with hundreds of the most prestigious nonprofits in the country, and we are now opening the site to all nonprofits so they can all attract additional funding for their important missions.
Imagine the impact we can make together as more and more people adopt this more meaningful type of giving!
This is Prestigious and Competitive
We seek undergrad and graduate students who:
- are enrolled in a college or university.
- have an outstanding academic record and a proven history of leadership
- are active and involved in activities on campus and/or the surrounding community.
- commit to at least three to four hours per week for the summer or for the full academic year. (If you can spend at least ten hours per week, please see our other opportunities at ChangingThePresent.org/join
What You Will Do
Promote awareness of and participation in Changing The Present among students, faculty, and student organizations, while also promoting the concept of donations as a meaningful alternative to traditional presents. You will:
- use social media, existing communications channels (the school newspaper, newsletters, etc.), flyers, and more to grow awareness of our program
- seek support from student influencers
- encourage student government, clubs, teams, residence halls, Greek life, and other organizations.to create charitable fundraising pages on the site, which help them raise more money and recognize them for all of their philanthropy
- collaborate with school departments, such as the center for community engagement
- encourage students to create profile pages and charitable wish lists or registries
- start a Changing The Present club at your school (founding an organization looks great on a resume)
- invite local nonprofits and schools to register, so they can capture new funding.
We Will Guide You, but You Will Take a Leadership Role
We will provide detailed instructions, message templates, downloadable flyers, digital graphics, and other marketing assets for your use. You will certainly have more ideas, which we welcome and encourage you to share with the other interns.
A Community of Interns
We will have multiple interns at each school, and we will provide an online community for you to connect with one another, as well as with those at other schools. That will let you collaborate, share tips, and celebrate your successes.
Other Opportunities with Changing The Present
We have a wide range of other internship and volunteer roles, including:
- Interns and Volunteersat our office or remotely
- Social Media Managersfor each charitable cause
- High School Ambassadorsin every community.
More Info and How to Apply
Please see https://changingthepresent.org/pages/college-marketing-internships for more information. That page has an application form. We will get back to you very quickly.
We hope you will also share this opportunity with students at your school or other schools who might be interested.
Thank you very much! We look forward to hearing from you.