M4Arts Development Committee: Senior Positions
M INSTITUTE FOR THE ARTS INC
Positions: Community Outreach Chair, Development Chair
General Committee Overview:
M4Arts is looking for a committee of passionate, inspired, music-loving volunteers willing to help put the M Institute for the Arts on the map. We need help expanding our network, researching and writing grants, building community relationships, fostering social and company culture events, retaining subscribers, and setting up operational and digital systems. If you are interested in getting involved with your local music community and are interested in helping our local nonprofit music organization, this is the opportunity for you. You will collaborate with like minded people in the pursuit of musical education and artistic innovation. Whether you are a musician, artistic appreciator or business professional, this position will give you the opportunity to share your skills and make a larger impact on the music community. This committee will have guidance from the M4Arts team but will have the autonomy to pursue ideas you think will benefit the organization with approval from administration. Our small team is working overtime to make M4Arts a well-known landing place for both music education and artistic innovation - and we need your help to get to the next level!
- Community Outreach Chair: You will primarily be responsible for M4Arts community and professional outreach initiatives. This includes engaging institutions and individuals who may be interested in class and concert offerings from M4Arts. You will also help foster community collaborations between the M Institute and local establishments. Marketing and promotional initiatives are a vital component to this position.
- Development Chair: The Development Chair will help foster relationships with potential donors and patrons of the M Institute. You will lead fundraising campaigns and initiatives.
- College degree or 3-5 years of professional experience
- An appreciation for music or a desire to learn more about nonprofits, the arts community and its efforts to reach a larger audience.
- Positive attitude
- Comfortable with Zoom, Google Drive, and willing to learn how to use new platforms
- The Community Outreach and Development Chairs are senior positions on the committee while the Resource, Event’s/Social, and Programming/Digital chairs are junior positions. We are therefore looking for professionals already established in their field.
Chair Specific Qualifications:
- Community Outreach Chair: This applicant should demonstrate strong communication skills and be comfortable speaking to large audiences and individuals alike. This candidate will have experience coordinating community outreach events and must present leadership skills. You should have experience building relationships with businesses and community members in the D.C , Virginia or the Maryland area. Charisma and adaptability are a must for this position.
- Development Chair: This applicant should be able to convey our organization’s mission eloquently and be a professional liaison between our organization and potential donors and clients. You must have experience coordinating behind the scene initiatives and showcase your ability to speak with patrons of the arts, donors of an organization, or businesses. You should have an already established network of musicians and knowledge of donors and be able to help expand our professional network. Fundraising is a key component to this position and you should have professional experience in it. Concise communication skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure are needed for this position.
- This is an annual commitment. This will primarily be a remote commitment with the possibility of in person events when it is safe to do so. You will participate in a general monthly zoom meeting with objectives set by the M4Arts team centered on outreach, networking, collaborative resources, events, and digital operations. The entire committee will work in tandem with the M4Arts team. Each chair will be responsible for leading and reporting on individual initiatives, and the committee will work together to execute those initiatives. Further duties and shared responsibilities to be mutually agreed upon within meetings. Please submit your resume and a cover letter as to why you are interested in this position.
About M INSTITUTE FOR THE ARTS INC
1038 31ST ST NW, WASHINGTON, DC 20007, US
The M Institute for the Arts, Inc. (M4Arts) is dedicated to promoting the arts; it seeks to further the appreciation, attendance, education, and performance of the arts to enrich our community.
Founded in 2015, we are a boutique music conservatory and 501(c)(3) arts nonprofit located in Georgetown, Washington, DC. We believe that the arts are an integral part of the well-being of our community and that by promoting the arts we are improving society as a whole. We also recognize the impact the arts have on creating a better understanding and communication between various cultures. Current projects include music lessons, rehearsal space, instrument and sheet music donations, tuition grants, and free community classes. We're looking for your assistance in helping to build M4Arts into an even greater community resource!