PEOPLE & CULTURE LEAD
As People & Culture Lead, you will work to recruit, hire, onboarding and train new members as well as maintain and encourage their performance and satisfaction. You are flexible and able to work outside your job description. Your role will cover company culture, recruitment and administration.
You role includes but is not limited to:
- Recruit and talk to potential candidates
- Onboarding new full time members and contractors
- Lead the summer internship program for college students
- Train our members
- Communicate internal policies to team
- Experiment new ways to implement culture and team unity
- Bachelors’ degree
- 1+ years experience working in human resources, recruiting or culture
- Strong administrative skills & attention to detail
- Highly imaginative and creative
- Go-getter, high energy, honest, straightforward, patient, and must have integrity
- Strong interpersonal skills and great team player
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Prior international travel and non-profit experience is a plus
This is a volunteer position, with a commitment of 6-8 hours per week. Work is done remotely, but regional in-person working sessions are encouraged as much as possible for accountability. Our team mainly resides in the NY/NJ and DC metropolitan regions. You will join operations team meetings via video conferencing 2-3 times per month. You are required to attend a monthly meetings, whole team video conference, on second Saturday mornings, and all-day quarterly meetings in NY/NJ or DC metropolitan regions, and an annual one-week trip to India.
Please check out https://goforefront.org/ for more info about the organization! Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
*PLEASE NOTE - this opportunity is for those who reside in NYC metro and DC metro area only*
About FOREFRONT CHARITY
PO BOX 1818, NEW YORK, NY 10163, US
The FOREFRONT mission is to enable every person, equip leaders and establish sustainable communities.
Since our launch in 2015, we’ve empowered Kolluru and surrounding communities through 12 community input forums. From these forums, we learned that women and children in Kolluru, India spent 6 to 10 hours a day fetching water from contaminated sources. The water would often make them sick and leave them with no time to attend school. We worked with community members to build 31 clean water wells in surrounding villages, bringing clean water to over 50,000 people. We regularly conduct water testing. We have found that the water quality in our wells is better than Indian bottled water. We have distributed 3,500 soap toys to families with children, through our locally, women-led soap making business. Since September 2019, we launched a pilot English program, providing daily, one hour English classes for 15 elementary-aged orphans in Tenali, a city 6 miles from Kolluru. We have tested over 150 diabetes testing for 150 people, and held community workshops on diabetes prevention through healthy eating.