Habitat for Humanity ReStore Volunteer Opportunities - McHenry & Woodstock
Habitat for Humanity of McHenry County
The Habitat for Humanity McHenry County ReStore is always welcoming volunteers Tuesday - Saturday; 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Scope of Position -
- To support the mission by providing customer service - which can include but is not limited to answering questions, finding items and offering suggestions. This would also include loading and unloading donations/purchases, preparing donations for sale and maintaining a clean and safe store.
Position Duties -
- Greet customers upon entry
- Answer customers’ and donors’ questions
- Organize merchandise into like categories
- Dust/clean merchandise, making sure all merchandise is "faced" on the shelf
- Be sure that all items are clearly priced
- Consult with Staff or Lead for pricing based on condition of merchandise or on date of receipt
- Execute signing & merchandising direction from staff & leads
- Keep aisles safe and clear. Sweep the floor for safety and appearance.
- Help inform the customers about ReStore, Habitat for Humanity and volunteerism.
- Replenish items once sold to ensure sales floor is in stock
- Assist customers & donors in loading/unloading vehicles
About Habitat for Humanity of McHenry County
P.O. Box 1166, McHenry, IL 60051, US
As a local affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International we are a non profit, ecumenical Christian ministry building simple decent, affordable housing in partnership with people in need of adequate shelter.
Building affordable housing