8 people are interested
Case Management/Life Coach
8 people are interested
Looking for an enthusiastic self-starter to volunteer with transitional housing programs to support survivors of domestic violence. The successful candidate will be accountable for client care. Gain experience in your field of interest while you work.
Assist survivors from homelessness to permanent housing. The responsibilities will include prescreening and maintaining a personal caseload acting as a part-time case manager, assisting with follow-up calls, program projects, and other support services.
Reporting to the CEO, this opportunity gives real hand-on experience at a local non-profit and one-on-one personal coaching and mentoring. The opportunity is committed to DCC’s mission and to impact the volunteers'
lives with purpose, service, and leadership. DeeCilla Comfort Center is seeking volunteers who desire to be value-centered and ethical leaders who want to positively influence and impact their community.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide counseling and/or case management for clients
- Maintain updated client files and progress notes
- Facilitate groups and plan activities for clients
- Attend staff meetings and participate in outreach activities in the community
- Track in-kind donations
- Develop training materials
- Build local partnerships with companies, other nonprofits, churches
- Attend professional development workshops
- Foster positive and healthy relationships with each program resident
- Help program participants set and achieve personal goals by providing supportive mentoring and guidance
- Ensure the health, safety, and welfare of participants in the program at all times
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Open to students and nonstudents
- Desire to learn, professional drive and make a difference
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, able to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to build healthy relationships
- Skills in problem-solving
- Skills in deescalating agitated behavior
- Ability to set and teach positive values
About DeeCilla Comfort Center
12725 W Indian School Road, Suite E101, Avondale, AZ 85392, US
DeeCilla Comfort Center is a faith-based non-profit organization in partnership with the community, offering services to those impacted by sexual assault, domestic violence, and human trafficking and in need of a second chance; providing opportunities for a fresh start. DeeCilla Comfort Center provides temporary housing and programs that are geared toward helping residents recover from crisis and trauma, and make a healthy and stable transition back to the community.
Personally, understanding the role relationships and community play in healing, our founder established, DeeCilla Comfort Center.
Through her testimony of overcoming the trials of abuse, she emphasizes the value of having the right connections along the healing journey. She believed that God placed people in her life to show and remind her of who she was and how he saw her. These individuals demonstrated what godly principles to help her also understand who God really was and what life would be like if she trusted and believed in him. Through these relationships, she learned the true meaning of Hope, Faith, Love, Trust, Courage, Joy, Hospitality, Reconciliation, and Peace.
Using her journey as a passion to help others, she was led by God to establish DeeCilla Comfort Center. This organization is committed to helping young people begin their healing journey from the trials, trauma, and struggles of domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking.
Just as our founder learned, at the most critical period in her life, she desires to share with others...Hope is not lost, and you do not have to become what happened to you.
Contact us today to learn more about how you can help us become bridge builders in the community to connect those in need with the resources that will forever change their lives.
12725 W Indian School RoadSuite E101Avondale, AZ 85392
September 12, 2021
- Case Work / Management
- Crisis Counseling
- Life Coaching
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training