22 people are interested
Volunteer Development Board Member
ORGANIZATION: URBAN QUALITY LIVING INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
22 people are interested
Volunteer Development Board Member:
The Volunteer Development Board member oversees and guides large-scale fundraising activities, initiatives and develops significant giving and planned giving fundraising strategies aimed at the financial stability of the operations of Urban Quality Living, Inc. The Development board member's success is in how Urban Quality Living is directed and governed to reach its funding and fundraising goals as it works to end the cycle of homelessness in Los Angeles.
· Guide the board in assessing and setting achievable fundraising goals for the organization.
· Research and recommend fundraising opportunities.
· Establish fundraising outreach activities for prospective corporate donors to build awareness of and commitment to Urban Quality Living's work.
· Develop gift programs to include identification, cultivation & solicitation of all potential donors' personal/businesses.
· Guide all direct capital campaigns & other major fundraising projects.
· Assess and recommend a fundraising database and CRM systems for supporters and all donors.
· Perform other related duties aimed at acquiring funding for the operations of Urban Quality Living in meeting its mission of ending the cycle of homelessness in Los Angeles.
· Proven experience as an influential fundraiser or in a relevant development role with a minimum of six years of experience in fundraising, public relations, business, and donor relationship building and management.
· Experience in devising strategies designed to take advantage of donation possibilities.
· Knowledge of and connections to the funding community in Los Angeles.
· Strong verbal communication skills and persuasiveness in explaining the organization's cause.
· Ability to work and reach out to diverse groups of people, partners, and donors.
· Knowledge of the nonprofit sector, sound judgment, professionalism, and a positive attitude.
· Experience in developing donor cultivation systems and processes.
· Recommend fundraising activities that maximize participation/contributions & minimize costs.
· Proven record of raising funds from diverse sources, including grants and significant gifts from individuals, businesses, corporations, foundations, and corporations.
· Securing commitments of participation/donation from individuals/corporate donors.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About URBAN QUALITY LIVING INC
11105 ROSE AVE APT 106, LOS ANGELES, CA 90034, US
Our undertaking is to replace hopelessness and isolation with a sense of belonging and involvement with the communities that our homeless brothers and sisters live in; by providing them with affordable housing, health care, education, employment, and supportive trauma-informed wellness services that are tailored, specifically to meet their individual/family needs. Thereby foresting their inclusion, socially, and economically in our neighborhoods and society at large.
We are a community based non-profit organization, providing trauma-informed care and supportive affordable permanent housing for homeless people in and around Los Angeles. Our main objective is to break the cycle of homelessness, one individual and one family at a time. We are committed to building safe and stable communities. Where homeless and poor people have access to holistic programs and services that are trauma-informed to foster their rehabilitation, which will in turn allow them to become economically self-sufficient and active stakeholders and members of their neighborhoods and communities at large. Through partnership with other nonprofit we've been able to greatly impact and change the direction and life's of our client's.
11105 Rose AveLos Angeles, CA 90034
June 23, 2023
- Strategic Planning
- SWOT / GAP Analysis
- Reading / Writing
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- As a volunteer Board Member, we expect you to commit to attend all board quarterly meetings and other committees meetings as assigned. This is ongoing (part-time role) as required by the board of director.
- • Fundraising knowledge of non-profit/for profit organization. • Personal commitment to devote the time necessary to perform the responsibilities of Director of Development. • Understanding of the various means and methods of donations.