DCS: COVID-19 Disaster Health Services Supervisor
American Red Cross - Palmetto South Carolina Region
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Disaster Health Services Supervisor is a temporary position assigned to work in person before, during and/or after a disaster event this hurricane/wildfire season. The purpose of this role is to lead a team of Disaster Health Services responders to provide health services care to shelter clients. This role will act as the liaison from the Disaster Health
Services team to the shelter manager. Advocacy for client needs is a primary purpose of this role.
- Lead team of licensed healthcare professionals
- Act as liaison for DHS team with shelter manager
- Assist DHS service associates with documentation and data gathering (including C-MIST interview).
- Communicate access and functional needs of clients to shelter manager
- Provide hands on care as necessary, including assistance with activities of daily living, wound care,
- incontinence care, health assessments, health education, and determination that a higher level of
- care is needed for client
- Observation and health screening for COVID-19 like illness for all shelter clients daily
- Lead the management of an isolation care area.
- Complete required virtual self-paced training for position (8 hours total)
About American Red Cross - Palmetto South Carolina Region
2424A City Hall Lane, North Charleston, SC 29406, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.