DCS: COVID-19 Shelter Service Associate
American Red Cross - Palmetto South Carolina Region
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
The Shelter Service Associate is a temporary position assigned to work in person in a Red Cross shelter before,
during and/or after a disaster event this hurricane/wildfire season. Shelter Service Associates complete tasks
necessary for shelter operations and provide assistance for disaster clients. Shelter Service Associates support the day-to-day activities within a shelter which may include working in reception, registration, feeding, dormitory, information, or other areas within a shelter.
- Following worker safety procedures for working in a COVID environment
- Embodying the fundamental principles of the American Red Cross in their work with clients, disaster
- responders and partners
- Providing excellent client service and support the daily maintenance of the shelter operation at the
- direction of the assigned Shelter Supervisor
- Using the Shift Tool during the disaster event to report availability and schedule shelter shifts
- Completing the required virtual self-paced training (3 hours of training total
About American Red Cross - Palmetto South Carolina Region
2424A City Hall Lane, North Charleston, SC 29406, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.