DCS: COVID-19 Shelter Supervisor
American Red Cross - Palmetto South Carolina Region
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
The Shelter Supervisor is a temporary position assigned to work in person in a Red Cross shelter before, during
and/or after a disaster event. Shelter Supervisors supervise a team of assigned workers to successfully complete
tasks necessary for shelter operations and aid disaster clients. Shelter Supervisors guide and support the day-to-day activities within a shelter which may include working in reception, registration, feeding, dormitory, information, or other areas within a shelter.
Following, implementing and monitoring worker safety procedures for working in a COVID
- Embodying and sharing the fundamental principles of the American Red Cross in their work with
- clients, disaster responders and partners
- Providing clear expectations, feedback and coaching to team members in the provision of excellent
- client service and support the daily maintenance of the shelter operation at the direction of the
- assigned Shelter Manager
- Using the Shift Tool during the disaster event to report availability and schedule shelter shifts
- Completing the required virtual self-paced training (9 hours of training total
About American Red Cross - Palmetto South Carolina Region
2424A City Hall Lane, North Charleston, SC 29406, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.