9 people are interested
REMOTE - Group Facilitator
9 people are interested
Volunteer Group Facilitators present, teach, and facilitate on a variety of career development and emotional intelligence content. All facilitators start with the role of volunteer check-in caller to become acquainted with our clients.
Skills needed and Duties include:
- Previous public speaking not required but helpful
- Sensitivity to the feelings of both individuals and groups (high emotional intelligence)
- High self-awareness and cultural competence and the ability to communicate effectively with individuals from a vast variety of socio-economic and cultural backgrounds
- Conflict resolution and de-esculation skills needed
- Ability to teach individuals at different levels of educational and occupational experience
- Ability to carefully create a safe storytelling environment and direct discussion, dialogue, and conversations
- Resourceful and creative
- A sense of timing (knowing when and how to steer conversations)
- We focus on energizing and encouraging our clients we work hard to increase engagement/participation, accountability, confidence, and welcome dissenting points of view
About Dress for Success Twin Cities
1549 University Ave W, St Paul, MN 55104, US
Dress for Success Twin Cities is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the economic independence of disadvantaged women in the Twin Cities by providing professional attire, a network of support and the career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
Dress for Success Twin Cities is part of Dress for Success Worldwide, which has been in existence since 1997 and has 113 affiliate locations internationally. We opened our doors in January 2010 in the Twin Cities. Our ultimate purpose is to help women enter and thrive in the mainstream workplace.
Clients come to Dress for Success from a diverse group of non-profit and government agencies including:
- homeless shelters
- immigration services
- job training programs
- educational institutions
- domestic violence shelters
On her initial visit a women receives professional attire appropriate for the industry in which she is interviewing. After a woman finds a job she returns to Dress for Success for additional clothing that can be mixed and matched to make several outfits, providing her with a foundation for a professional wardrobe. She is also invited to join the Professional Women's Group (PWG), our ongoing coaching and mentoring program designed to support our clients as they enter the workforce.
Dress for Success relies on the volunteer efforts of individuals and companies around the Twin Cities and the world who are committed to helping women take charge of their lives. Please contact us to find out how you can get involved with Dress for Success.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 10, 2021
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training