Service to the Armed Forces Youth Action Campaign Coordinator
AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
The Regional Coordinator for the International Humanitarian Law (IHL) Youth Action Campaign (YAC) coordinates the program at a regional level. The YAC informs youth ages 13-24 about IHL and encourages youth to build a peer-to-peer awareness campaign on an IHL topic.
- Attend the Coordinator Training administered by NHQ.
- Recruit teams of youth IHL advocates from your region to participate in the program.
- Implement the IHL training for youth teams and help them to design their campaigns on an IHL topic.
- Commit 3-4 hours a week with youth teams during the implementation of the campaign.
- Take responsibility for youth registration, evaluation of the campaign, purchasing of supplies, and selecting who to send to DC for the annual summit.
- Communicate as necessary with the IHL Program Officer at NHQ.
- Participate in the monthly call during the implementation of the program.
- Perform other job-related duties, as assigned.
Occasional travel throughout Wisconsin Region to facilitate recruitment of advocates and training. (Red Cross vehicles available for use, pending motor vehicle background check)
Approximately 10-20 hours per month, with flexibility.
- A passion for working with youth and an interest in IHL.
- Excellent project management, group facilitation, and communication skills.
- Must display flexibility, adaptability, initiative, and teamwork.
- Must possess the ability to present politicized issues in compliance with the American Red Cross’s neutrality mandate.
- Experience working with youth, the Red Cross, and IHL is preferred.
About AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
2600 W. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53233, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Whether helping one displaced family or thousands, providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran, or teaching others how to respond in emergencies, it’s through the efforts of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.