14 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Valley Outreach
Please visit the new page to apply.
14 people are interested
With emergency food needs rising, Valley Outreach needs volunteers to distribute prepacked food products to our clients. Volunteers will assist with various primary warehouse and distribution tasks such as sorting and stacking bulk food deliveries, discarding expired and /or damaged items, and maintaining work area space.
Days: Tuesday and Thursday, 1 pm - 4 p.m. or 4pm-7pm
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 8 am - Noon
Key responsibility: What you will get to do.
- Sort and store bulk food products that is delivered to our warehouse.
- Assist with distribution of prepacked food boxes.
- Follow food safety guidelines provided for each category of product: bakery, dairy, deli and produce.
- Re-box product that is to be distributed to our clients.
- Dispose properly of product that does not meet guidelines.
- Take guidance and direction from Valley Outreach staff.
- Ensure a safe working space by following all warehouse safety guidelines.
- Plastic gloves will be provided and should be worn while handling food.
- Must be able to lift 15-30 pounds.
- Must be able to bend and twist to pick up items.
Time Commitment: two times per Month
What’s in it for you?
- The knowledge that you will help feed people who come to shop at the Food Shelf.
- Make new friends and have fun while you work!
- Serve as the face of Valley Outreach to retail stores and the public
I’m in. Now what? Go to our website, www.valleyoutreachmn.org, click on the volunteer tab, complete an application and sign up for orientation, or contact me, Kenny McCoy, Volunteer Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 651-342-5563 and share that good news with me!
About Valley Outreach
1911 Curve Crest Blvd W., stillwater, MN 55038, US
We help people move their lives forward through basic needs services and personalized support.
The food shelf was created in 1983 and remains the most used and best known program. As a community with dispersed poverty and with fewer social services available, we have, over the last 10 years, expanded client offerings to include clothing, financial assistance, resource connections and customized, individual client support. We have experienced a 4-5% growth in food shelf clients in the last two years, comparable to the state average. We have seen the largest growth in-demand for resource connections and individual client support which led to initiate "Case Management" to assist with individual clients needs.
Our primary constituency is low-income individuals in the East Metro area of St. Paul yet we recognize our reach extends far beyond that and we serve all who come to our doors. We serve people faced with inequity of opportunity who are accepting of support offered through our strengths -based and client-centered approach.
1901 Curve Crest BlvdStillwater, MN 55082
June 15, 2022
- Must be at least 16
- 2-4 hours