18 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Humane Society of Loudoun County
Please visit the new page to apply.
18 people are interested
Do you have a passion for matching the right person with the right position? Do you want to help the Humane Society of Loudoun County make a difference in the lives of our furry friends? If so, this is the PURRRFECT opportunity for you. Join the Volunteer Management team to recruit dedicated volunteers!
As the Volunteer Recruiter, you will recruit and place new volunteers so we can save more animal lives! The Volunteer Recruiter will work with our program leads to identify volunteer needs, advertise volunteer opportunities, and actively recruit new volunteers. Key responsibilities include:
- Identify volunteer needs in consultation with program leads
- Write clear and compelling volunteer position descriptions in consultation with program leads
- Promote the volunteer opportunities using proven channels as well as out-of-the-box approaches
- Establish partnerships with businesses, senior centers/retirement communities, libraries, etc. to source volunteers and fosters
- Work with Taproot to identify skill-based volunteers with experience in technology, marketing and fundraising
- Serve as a regular contributor to the Volunteer Newsletter and assist with the administration of the Volunteer Facebook Page
- Previous experience with recruiting
- Tenacity and creativity to try different methods to source volunteers
- Comfort reaching out to the community and enthusiastically representing HSLC and its needs
- Strong and tactful verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to drive around Loudoun County
- Community Advocacy: Make a true difference in the lives of animals in our community!
- Leadership: Build your skills in this critical (and fun!) leadership position
- Network Building: Interact with and meet a variety of people in our community
- Communication Skills: Enhance your verbal and written communication skills
- Enhance Your Resume with sought-after experience in program management
- Acknowledgement: Opportunity to be highlighted in HSLC newsletters!
- Save Lives! What's better than helping save an animal's life?
Apply through VolunteerMatch and email email@example.com with any questions!
10 More opportunities with Humane Society of Loudoun County2 Reviews
About Humane Society of Loudoun County
P.O. Box 777, Leesburg, VA 20178, US
We are a foster-based, all-volunteer organization that saves and improves the lives of vulnerable animals by providing care and placing adoptable animals into loving forever homes.
HSLC has been helping animals since our founding in 1966. HSLC has no paid staff nor a physical facility or shelter; all of our animals are in foster homes, display cages at local pet stores, or in temporary boarding until they are adopted into their furever homes.
Thanks to community support, HSLC helped thousands of animals in 2021:
- 185 cat adoptions
- 3 dog adoptions (Note: we need more dog fosters!)
- 111 community cats helped
- 1,165 pets spayed/neutered
- 3,482 Loudoun Pet Pantry animals fed
Loudoun County VALeesburg, VA 20175
February 1, 2023
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 8-10 hours a month