19 people are interested
Volunteer and Foster Recruiter
ORGANIZATION: Humane Society of Loudoun County
Please visit the new page to apply.
19 people are interested
Do you have a passion for matching the right person with the right position? Do you want to help the Humane Society of Loudoun County make a difference in the lives of our furry friends? If so, this is the PURRRFECT opportunity for you. Join the Volunteer Management team to recruit dedicated volunteers and fosters!
As the Volunteer Recruiter, you will recruit new volunteers and foster caregivers so we can save more animal lives! The Volunteer and Foster Recruiter will work with our program leads to identify volunteer needs and reach out into the community to recruit new volunteers. Key responsibilities include:
- Identify volunteer needs in consultation with program leads
- Write clear and compelling volunteer position descriptions in consultation with program leads
- Promote the volunteer opportunities using proven channels as well as out-of-the-box approaches
- Establish partnerships with businesses, senior centers/retirement communities, libraries, etc. to source volunteers and fosters
- Work with Taproot to identify skill-based volunteers with experience in technology, marketing and fundraising
- Previous experience with recruiting
- Tenacity, creativity and resourcefulness to try different methods to source volunteers
- Comfort with reaching out to the community and enthusiastically representing HSLC and its needs
- Strong and tactful verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to drive around Loudoun County
- Community Advocacy: Make a true difference in the lives of animals in our community!
- Leadership: Build your skills in this critical (and fun!) leadership position
- Network Building: Interact with and meet a variety of people in our community
- Communication Skills: Enhance your verbal and written communication skills
- Enhance Your Resume with sought-after experience in program management
- Acknowledgement: Opportunity to be highlighted in HSLC newsletters!
- Save Lives! What's better than helping save an animal's life?
Apply through VolunteerMatch and email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
About Humane Society of Loudoun County
P.O. Box 777, Leesburg, VA 20178, US
We are a foster-based, all-volunteer organization that saves and improves the lives of vulnerable animals by providing care and placing adoptable animals into loving forever homes.
HSLC has been helping animals since our founding in 1966. HSLC has no paid staff nor a physical facility or shelter; all of our animals are in foster homes, display cages at local pet stores, or in temporary boarding until they are adopted into their furever homes.
Thanks to our volunteers and community support, HSLC helped thousands of animals in 2023:
- Nearly 200 cats and dogs fostered
- Over 200 community cats supported
- Nearly 6,000 animals fed via the Loudoun Pet Pantry
Loudoun County VALeesburg, VA 20175
January 10, 2024
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 8-10 hours a month