10 people are interested
Food Pantry Volunteers - Chicago Lawn Corps
ORGANIZATION: The Salvation Army Metro Chicago
Please visit the new page to apply.
10 people are interested
Be a part of serving the community in our food pantry. Volunteers will help with unloading groceries from the truck, transferring food to the kitchen, preparing grocery bags, and carrying finished boxes to the main entrance for distribution.
The food pantry assistant will with a variety of activities related to food pantry operations, including but not limited to: unloading groceries from the truck, transferring food to the kitchen, preparing grocery bags, and carrying finished boxes to the main entrance for distribution.
- 18-59 years old
- Must enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Possess effective communication abilities
- Friendly personality and smile
- Reliable, professional and friendly
- Pass initial screening process
- Bilingual abilities are a plus
- Bring and wear personal face mask
Alcohol, drugs and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army Facilities or volunteer sites
Pants and shirts must cover the waistband. Shirts with print are not to be offensive. Shoes are to be closed toe - we don’t want any injuries done to the toes. Flip flops, shorts, tank tops, undershirts, or halter tops, sleeveless shirts, crop tops, spaghetti straps and strapless tops are not permitted. Transparent, tight or form fitting clothes are not permitted. Skirts/dresses must not be worn more than two inches above the knee.
*Off Street Parking is available*
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please sign up here, or contact Dennise Hernandez at 773-434-0488. You may also visit http://bttr.im/d9qix to start the application process.
Thank you again for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
09:00 AM to 02:00 PM
Mondays and Wednesdays
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About The Salvation Army Metro Chicago
5040 N. Pulaski, Volunteer Resource Department, Chicago, IL 60630, US
The mission of The Salvation Army is to meet human needs wherever they may be, without discrimination.
The Salvation Army is serving more people in need and delivering the broadest array of services than any other not-for-profit organization in Chicagoland. The Salvation Army is making an impact every day in three key areas of critical importance and concern to people across Chicagoland -- Homelessness, Violence and Education. And, The Salvation Army is delivering the most critical services -- food, shelter, emergency assistance and disaster relief.
In communities throughout Chicago and the surrounding five-county area, we extend emergency and supportive assistance from 28 corps community centers, 80 service extension units, the Emergency Disaster Services Center, residential programs, mobile units, and several counseling sites.
5950 S. Spaulding AveChicago, IL 60629
December 5, 2022
- Disaster Response
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People Skills
- Must be at least 18
- Shifts are Mondays and Wednesdays from 9am - 2pm. Whether you can help for one shift, or multiple, we are so grateful to our volunteers!
- Volunteers must be in good health and may be asked to take an on-site health screening including forehead temperature reading. Volunteers may need to complete on-line application, volunteer paperwork, and receive a (free) background check.