Facilities Assistant Volunteer - Gary-Merrillville Corps
The Facilities Assistant will keep the inside and outside of the building clean and tidy. Duties include, but are not limited to, sweeping, vacuuming, and cleaning inside of the building.
The hours for this role are flexible, but help is generally needed during normal weekday business hours. A schedule will be created based on your availability after applying.
- 18 years or older
- Must enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Possess effective communication abilities
- Friendly personality and smile
- Must be able to comfortably lift 20 pounds
- Reliable, professional and friendly
- Pass initial screening process
- Bilingual abilities are a plus
- Bring and wear personal face mask
- Pass health screening including forehead temperature reading and brief questionnaire at start of shift.
Alcohol, drugs and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army Facilities or volunteer sites
Pants and shirts must cover the waistband. Flip flops, shorts, tank tops, undershirts, or halter tops, sleeveless shirts, crop tops, spaghetti straps and strapless tops are not permitted. Shoes must be closed toe. Transparent, tight or form fitting clothes are not permitted.
*Off Street Parking is available*
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please contact Cpt. Amanda Keene at email@example.com or (219)887-6588. You may also visit http://bttr.im/nqiid to start the application process.
Thank you again for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
About The Salvation Army Metro Chicago
5040 N. Pulaski, Volunteer Resource Department, Chicago, IL 60630, US
The mission of The Salvation Army is to meet human needs wherever they may be, without discrimination.
The Salvation Army is serving more people in need and delivering the broadest array of services than any other not-for-profit organization in Chicagoland. The Salvation Army is making an impact every day in three key areas of critical importance and concern to people across Chicagoland -- Homelessness, Violence and Education. And, The Salvation Army is delivering the most critical services -- food, shelter, emergency assistance and disaster relief.
In communities throughout Chicago and the surrounding five-county area, we extend emergency and supportive assistance from 28 corps community centers, 80 service extension units, the Emergency Disaster Services Center, residential programs, mobile units, and several counseling sites.
4800 Harrison St.Gary, IN 46408
June 22, 2021
- Facilities Management
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- The hours for this role are flexible, but ideal candidate would be available to help for at least 5 hours per week between 9AM - 4PM Monday-Friday.
- Bring and wear personal face mask, Pass health screening including forehead temperature reading and brief questionnaire at start of shift, pass Background Check.