Virtual Volunteer Coordinator
Are you a passionate, driven, team oriented, and self-motivated leader eager to use your talents to empower people with disabilities to live life to its fullest? We are looking for a competent Volunteer Coordinator to join our team! STRIVE stands for Strength through Training and Recreation, Inspiring Vitality and Empowerment. You will not find a more dedicated team with a sincere passion to see others succeed. We believe that everyone has the capacity to be someone great, and we strive every day to inspire all of us to achieve our full potential. At STRIVE4You, our mission is to empower all individuals through training and recreation while educating professionals to better serve their clients.
As a Volunteer Coordinator, you will mainly be responsible for recruiting and managing volunteers for STRIVE4You. We are a national organization; therefore, you will manage volunteers for both virtual skilled positions as well as event volunteers. In addition, you will be responsible for vetting applicants, training volunteers as needed, and providing proper documentation of volunteer hours
Volunteer Coordinator duties and responsibilities
- Source and recruit volunteers using different recruiting techniques including online platforms, e-mail, social media etc.
- Draft volunteer descriptions as needed
- Collect information on qualifications and skills to evaluate proper placement
- Arrange for training when needed
- Assign responsibilities as appropriate
- Coordinate teams of volunteers for large-scale actions as needed
- Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied and well-placed
- Disseminate information for upcoming actions and events
- Keep and manage records of volunteers’ information and work hours
- Evaluate volunteer’s quality work to ensure volunteers have been well placed and trained
- Prepare and present regular reports to the board of directors as requested.
Volunteer Coordinator requirements and qualifications
- Team & goal oriented
- Good time-management skills
- Independent self-motivated leader
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to communicate effectively with diverse people. Capitalizing on your pleasant, outgoing personality
- Excellent organizational and team coordination abilities
- Proven experience as Volunteer Coordinator or similar role
- X years of experience in volunteering
- X years of experience in sourcing and recruiting
- Good knowledge in different recruiting methods
- Some knowledge in Employer Branding and Recruitment Marketing
- Working knowledge of databases and MS Office (especially Excel)
- BSc/BA in business administration, human resources or relevant field is a plus
- Local to our main office in Nashville is helpful, however is certainly not require
300 Berkley Drive Apt A10, Madison, TN 37115, US
At STRIVE4You our mission is to empower all individuals through training and recreation, while educating professionals to better serve their clients; achieving an inclusive society for all.
Through our services and peer to peer programs we STRIVE each and every day to Achieve an inclusive and more productive society for all. We achieve this goal through our core principles of strength, training, recreation, inspiration, vitality, and empowerment (STRIVE).
Our programs include life skills and advocacy educational classes for transition aged youth, inclusive physical education classes for children of all ages, recreation and sports programs for people with disabilities, advocacy training. and peer to peer life coaching and mentoring from successful people of all abilities to assist them through their individual situations.
We also provide consulting, professional development opportunities, and outreach services to professionals in communities across the United States. These services are in the form of webinars, online courses, in-person hands on workshops, and trainings at conferences. All trainings are conducted by experienced qualified professionals eager to empower our communities through inclusive and quality education, to promote lifelong learning for all