Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw or Remote
- Capture compelling images that convey the work and impact of JAARS in multiple contexts
- Photograph people, events, scenes, and other subject matter using digital cameras
- Manage the JAARS digital photo library
- Design and plan photographic sequences for effective presentation.
- Work in collaboration with the editorial team in identifying and shooting images that illustrate editorial story lines
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS
- Demonstrated skill and experience in journalistic photography (people, events, environments)
- Excellent visual, written, and verbal communicator
- Ability to work well on a team
- Expert attention to detail and ability to organize
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.