Deployable- Disaster Relief Feeding Team Member
American Red Cross
Serve as a member of a temporary work unit on a disaster relief operation to successfully complete their assigned areas of responsibility on a disaster relief operation.
- Meeting disaster-caused feeding needs of individuals, families, and communities.
- Loading and unloading trucks for distributing meals, practicing Safe Food Handling at all times.
- Maintaining clear communication and collaboration with supervisor and peers.
- Assisting in the setup of points of distribution, sanitation and stocking as directed by site and supported by Red Cross Team Leader.
- Ability to Lift / carry 20 lbs. and/or 50 lbs. multiple times/shift.
- Ability to stand and or sit for two-hour periods.
- Ability to walk on uneven terrain.
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather, extreme heat and/or humidity and/or extreme cold.
- Ability to step up/down 18 inches and climb two or more flights of stairs.
- Ability to speak clearly on phone and in person.
- Ability to bend or stoop multiple times
About American Red Cross
520 E Chestnut St, Louisville, KY 40202, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.