CrowdDoing is a global virtual collaboration to research medicinal foods for stress, sleep and anxiety. Our project has the goal of advancing integration across fields of research and to build medicinal foods literacies in the population.
Medicinal Foods for Stress, Sleep and Anxiety is recruiting a Volunteers for Medicinal Foods, CrowdDoing.We're helping to build medicinal foods literacy and citizen science of foods & herbs for Stress, Sleep and Anxiety.
As a volunteer Full Stack Developer, you’ll collaborate within the Digital Product Team
to build software that addresses our clients’ health needs and help us grow our user base.
we are in need of 5+ years of experienced candidate.
We hope you will be able to contribute part time about 7-10 hours a week for about 90 days. Environment:
Software Developers work in teams. Together with Product Managers, Designers, and other stakeholders, you will build new features and products. We have worked hard to foster an environment that provides developers the opportunity to learn and grow professionally.
The ideal Full Stack Developer will demonstrate that they are bright and can tackle tough problems, while being able to communicate their solution to others. They are creative and can leverage a mix of technology with user's problem to arrive at the right solution. You have a Growth Mindset, driven, and self-motivated to get things done collaboratively as a team.
You are an expert in a variety of technologies or have a desire to roll up your sleeves and learn on the job. You know the right patterns, anti-patterns, techniques, and approaches to make things simpler for your colleagues and more reliable for our users.
You excel at transforming ideas to usable prototypes within a short timeframe because you know which corners to cut, what assumptions to make now, and what to refactor later.
You have worked on a variety of projects, big and small, and can collaborate effectively under uncertainty and ambiguity.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Senior Full stack developer
* Raise the quality of outcomes delivered by the team you are on.
* Develop software in teams of 3-5 developers. With the ability to take on tasks from the team and independently work on them to completion.
* Follow best practices to write clean, maintainable, scalable, and tested software.
* Work collaboratively with Product Managers and stakeholders to design solutions that help our users
* This staff member completes the following activities under moderate direction:
* Provides senior level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases for client/server-, Web-, and/or PC-based software or middleware. Integrates third party products.
* Translates technical specifications, and/or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement projects for internal clients. Develops code that reuses subroutines or objects, is well structured, includes sufficient comments, and is easy to maintain. Writes programs, ad hoc queries, and reports.
* Elevates code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule. Provides follow up Production support. Submits change control requests and documents.
* Thoroughly understands software development methodology. Thoroughly understands architecture standards. Trains and mentors staff with less experience. Resolves issues elevated from staff with less experience.Skills and Qualifications
* 5+ years experience
* Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or computer science
* Experience or strong understanding with high scalability, data intensive applications
* Proficiency in modern software languages and willingness to quickly learn our technology stack
Volunteer will bring specialized experience in the areas of:
* Experience with Java/J2EE technologies
* Familiarity with DevOps concepts, tools and continuous delivery pipelines
Preferred experience in the following areas would be value added:
* Cloud/AWS technologies
* Operate with an owner's mindset.
Having all of these technologies is not required, but we will value your interest in learning them.Technologies We Use
* ReactJS * PostgreSQL
* Others as required
*Remote work environment
Note:Please send your resume and linkedin profile link to email@example.com while applying for this Virtual Volunteer to proceed further
The only way CrowdDoing.world can realize its impact potential is through virtual volunteers, service learners (http://blog.reframeit.com/service-learning-and-skilled-volunteering/), and micro-leaders ( https://real-leaders.com/leveraging-micro-leadership-to-make-aspirational-goals-achievable/ ) coming together.
See this brief video about Micro-leadership at CrowdDoing ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhdB2YJ8Ocs&app=desktop ). Micro-leadership means that each person adopts a dimension of responsibility for a collective problem in our society through collaborating on that area creatively individually and together through social innovation.
You are also welcome to see more background on CrowdDoing at our Youtube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVoL7fai7oa95fBo44FC0gA?sub_confirmation=1).
Facebook ( https://www.facebook.com/CrowdDoing-515295062320613 ) ,
LinkedIn ( https://www.linkedin.com/company/18910309/ ).
You can see a CrowdDoing Volunteering FAQ here .
If you have any questions about processes for joining crowddoing as a volunteer please write to firstname.lastname@example.org