** UTAH RESIDENTS ONLY. THIS OPPORTUNITY IS DONE AT-HOME WITH STAFF SUPPORT**
Purpose of position
Help under-served populations learn necessary digital skills for employment, education, and community engagement in a one-to-one or small group virtual setting.
Basic Level Students require in-person assistance (once a week) with guided lesson plans
Intermediate/Higher Level Students virtually meet (once a week) and assist students in advancing computer skills
Follow modules outlined and provide feedback at the end of each lesson plan to program coordinator via a Google Form
Assist with proctoring of assessments by students that can be done remotely or in-person.
*** What digital skills would you teach: learning the basics of a computer, online safety, typing, word processing, creating email address, email communication, managing applications, internet search, online job searching skills, & much more! **
Our mission is to provide a happy place where individuals gather to learn and grow!
Our vision is to establish safe and beautiful neighborhoods where individual and family lives are enriched.
Computers & Technology
Immigrants & Refugees
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
September 15, 2020
English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Basic Computer Skills
Must be at least 18
Orientation or Training
- At least once a week for 1-2 hours (max) and a minimum of 3 months
- Flexible Position: dependent on adult learner & tutor availability
- Ability to speak, read and write in English
- Tech savvy: basic to intermediate computer skills
- Respectful and willing to learn about different cultures
- Friendly, dependable, prompt, patient, flexible, and able to maintain confidentiality