Curriculum Development Volunteer
CMMB - Healthier Lives Worldwide is an international, faith-based NGO providing long-term, co-operative, medical and development aid to communities affected by poverty and unequal access to healthcare. For over a century, we have worked to strengthen and support communities through healthcare programs and initiatives, the distribution of medicines and medical supplies, and the placement of volunteers.
CMMB’s Volunteer Program addresses the critical need for professionals in areas that lack sufficient resources for quality preventive and curative health services, especially for women and children. Our Volunteer Program has placed thousands of practitioners around the world to help develop and implement community health interventions, work at local hospitals and health facilities, conduct clinical training for host country counterparts, and deliver essential medicines and supplies. The ultimate goal of CMMB's Volunteer Program is to support our country teams and local healthcare workers by sending volunteers that are dedicated to strengthening local health systems and supporting a pattern of sustainable development.
We believe in a world in which health and human dignity are shared by all.
We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For more than 100 years, we have worked with global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children, and their communities. We’re ready to make it 100 more.
We believe change starts with her.
We work tirelessly for women’s and children’s health because they are disproportionately affected by illness and poverty. We know that healthy, educated, and empowered women are better able to raise healthy, educated, and confident children, and that communities depend on their livelihoods.
We believe in people.
We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence, and respect every day. We provide our volunteers with a meaningful volunteer package, and the opportunities to learn, grow, and leave a longstanding legacy. We especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Covid-19 Update: Due to Covid-19, CMMB has paused all field deployments until 2021 as the countries we serve respond to this pandemic, and we are able to ensure the health and safety of our incoming field volunteers. For the time being, we are interviewing for remote service to support the COVID response with urgently needed skills.
Overview:Working as part of the Programs Technical team, and under the supervision of the Technical Director, the Community Health Consultant (CHC) will lead the organization and packaging of CMMB’s community health strategy materials into a CHSS Field Guide. To successfully achieve the role, the CHC will be expected to complete a full review and understanding of CMMB’s country specific community health design and strategy materials.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To review CMMB’s community health system workshop materials for CHAMPS countries (Kenya, Zambia, South Sudan, Haiti, and Peru)
- To design and validate the CHSS Field Guide outline encompassing all core CHSS technical areas
- Write the CHSS Field Guide
- A commitment to CMMB’s mission and values
- Relevant degree and/or experience related to the service opportunity
- Experience with curriculum development and understanding of the principles of adult learning
- Experience with community-based health programming, preferably in an African context
- At least 1-2 years of experience in a similar role to the one that will be perform
- Working knowledge of general aspects of public health or humanitarian issues
- Excellent communication, diplomacy and collaboration skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent computer skills and ability to prepare quality final products ready for printing
- Familiarity and interest in global health issues, especially maternal and child health
- The ability to work remotely using various online platforms
- Experience working remotely is preferred
- Commit to a minimum of 50 hours per month, for 1-3 months
Becoming a Volunteer: Visit https://cmmb.org/get-involved/volunteer/volunteer-from-home/ to learn about the remote opportunities we have and how you can apply to help CMMB by volunteering from home.
100 Wall St, Floor 9, New York, NY 10005, US
Inspired by the example of Jesus, CMMB works in partnership globally to deliver locally sustainable, quality health solutions to women, children, and their communities.
CMMB is a leading faith-based NGO focused exclusively on global health care for the world’s poor, by building healthy, sustainable communities through community engagement and partnerships. Now entering its second century, CMMB is committed to integrating and focusing its programming around saving the lives of children and mothers by concentrating on leading causes of mortality in targeted communities.
Building around a new CHAMPS (CHildren And Mother PartnershipS) model, CMMB works at both the community and clinical levels in these targeted communities to strengthen health services and address the leading causes of maternal and child death. CMMB has committed to develop 20 CHAMPS sites by 2020, incorporating at least 3 in Haiti, Kenya, Peru, South Sudan, and Zambia.