Remote Public Health Professional Volunteer
CMMB - Healthier Lives Worldwide is an international, faith-based NGO providing long-term, co-operative, medical and development aid to communities affected by poverty and unequal access to healthcare. For over a century, we have worked to strengthen and support communities through healthcare programs and initiatives, the distribution of medicines and medical supplies, and the placement of volunteers.
CMMB’s Volunteer Program addresses the critical need for professionals in areas that lack sufficient resources for quality preventive and curative health services, especially for women and children. Our Volunteer Program has placed thousands of practitioners around the world to help develop and implement community health interventions, work at local hospitals and health facilities, conduct clinical training for host country counterparts, and deliver essential medicines and supplies. The ultimate goal of CMMB's Volunteer Program is to support our country teams and local healthcare workers by sending volunteers that are dedicated to strengthening local health systems and supporting a pattern of sustainable development.
Covid-19 Update : Due to Covid-19, CMMB has paused all field deployments until early 2021 as the countries we serve respond to this pandemic, and we are able to ensure the health and safety of our incoming field volunteers. Nonetheless, our commitment to support these communities remains, and we are eagerly waiting to be able to assist with the aftermath of this crisis when international travel is possible and safe. For the time being, we are interviewing for remote service to support the COVID response with urgently needed skills.
Overview: CMMB is seeking experienced Public Health Professionals to work remotely with our in-country program managers and New York technical team to strengthen the local health system by supporting program development and outreach activities, and developing capacity by assisting in the training and mentoring of local staff.
The focus of the work will be project-based and determined based on the programmatic needs identified and the volunteer’s professional background. Public Health Professionals specialized in nutrition, WASH, Malaria, and/or Infectious Disease are highly desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support our country teams and programs staff on a broad range of global health issues and community development programs
- Collaborate with the local staff to assess programmatic needs and assist in building the capacity of our programs staff
- Conduct research and document evidence-based approaches for projects
- Contribute expertise in support of CMMB’s Maternal and Child Health programs
- Design and evaluate diverse initiatives, in collaboration with CMMB country teams and staff, to educate the community about health topics and resources
- Assist in developing health education materials, including reports, bulletins and visual aids; maintain virtual health education libraries to provide resources for staff and community members
- A commitment to CMMB’s mission and values
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Relevant degree or coursework related to the service opportunity
- At least 1-2 years of experience in a similar role to the one that will be perform
- Previous experience training and educating is desirable
- Familiarity and interest in global health issues, especially maternal and child health
- The ability to work remotely using various online platforms
- Access to a laptop and steady internet connection
- Experience working remotely is preferred
- Ability to commit to a number of hours identified for project(s)
- Applications to the CMMB International Volunteer Program are processed through CMMB HQ office and only suitable to international applicants. Please connect directly with the local CMMB office in Kenya, Zambia, South Sudan, Haiti or Peru to inquire about opportunities to volunteer within your country or region
Becoming a Volunteer: Visit https://cmmb.org/get-involved/volunteer/volunteer-from-home/ to learn about the remote opportunties we have and how you can apply to help CMMB by volunteering from home
100 Wall St, Floor 9, New York, NY 10005, US
Inspired by the example of Jesus, CMMB works in partnership globally to deliver locally sustainable, quality health solutions to women, children, and their communities.
CMMB is a leading faith-based NGO focused exclusively on global health care for the world’s poor, by building healthy, sustainable communities through community engagement and partnerships. Now entering its second century, CMMB is committed to integrating and focusing its programming around saving the lives of children and mothers by concentrating on leading causes of mortality in targeted communities.
Building around a new CHAMPS (CHildren And Mother PartnershipS) model, CMMB works at both the community and clinical levels in these targeted communities to strengthen health services and address the leading causes of maternal and child death. CMMB has committed to develop 20 CHAMPS sites by 2020, incorporating at least 3 in Haiti, Kenya, Peru, South Sudan, and Zambia.