15 people are interested
ALERT! Disaster Health Services Associate NEEDED! Turn Compassion Into Action!
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross, Riverside County Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
15 people are interested
The Red Cross Riverside County Chapter is in need of COVID-19 Disaster Health Services Associates temp positions.
Disaster Health Services Service Associate is a temporary position assigned to work in person before, during and/or after a disaster event this hurricane/wildfire season. Volunteers in this role provide assistance and healthcare to shelter residents as needed.
* Provide hands on care for shelter clients to include but not limited to assistance with activities of daily living, wound care, incontinence care, assistance with functional needs.
* Provide health education, health assessments and determination if a higher level of care is needed.
* Assist clients to replace medications, durable medical equipment or consumable medical supplies.
* Advocate for client needs with Disaster Health Services supervisor.
* Support maternal and child needs as necessary.
* Complete required virtual self-paced training for position (4 hours total)
Local: Multiple 4-, 6- or 12-hour shifts
*Length of Appointment : i.e. 1 year commitment; renewable Hurricane/Wildfire Season 2020
* A current, unencumbered license in at least one of the following professions:
o Registered Nurse (RN) o Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
o Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
o Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)*
o Medical Doctor (MD)
o Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
o Physician Assistant (PA)
o Nurse Practitioner (NP)
o Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
* Minimum 18 years of age
* Willing and able to volunteer in person in a COVID -19 disaster shelter before, during and/or after a disaster event
* Availability to sign up for shifts on consecutive days (shifts may be 4, 8 or 12 hours long)
* Willing to complete 4 hours of virtual self-paced training required for position
Training: We provide all the training!
Please email questions to John Steinberger, the Sr. Volunteer Recruitment Specialist, at John.Steinberger2@org or (760) 220-5361.
About American Red Cross, Riverside County Chapter
6235 River Crest Drive, Suite A, Riverside, CA 92507, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
he American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
6235 River Crest DriveSuite ARiverside, CA 92507
July 27, 2023
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Disaster Response
- Crisis Counseling
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time Commitment: Local: Multiple 4-, 6- or 12-hour shifts *Length of Appointment : i.e. 1 year commitment; renewable Hurricane/Wildfire Season 2020
- Do you want to IMPACT LIVES? All the training is done virtually, you do not need to leave the luxury from your home. TURN COMPASSION INTO ACTION!