Non-Medical Visits Needed for Hospice Patients in Deland, Deltona and Debary!
Kindred Hospice - Daytona Beach
What does it take to be a Kindred Hospice Volunteer?
1. The desire to give your time, talents and heart in support of hospice patients and their families.
2. Be at least 18 years old to volunteer directly with patients.
3. Complete comprehensive hospice volunteer orientation and annual training. (*Orientation provided through Zoom during pandemic.)
4. Background check, fingerprinting, TB test, and drug screen required.
5. Must have own transportation.
Volunteers provide friendly, non-medical visits to hospice patients in their homes or long term healthcare facilities. Types of patient care include:
· Respite care (relief for family/caregiver)
· Food preparation
· Household chores
· Vigil (sit with and attend to our actively dying patients)
· Veteran-to-Veteran (veteran volunteer is paired with a patient who is a veteran)
Scheduling is flexible; hours vary depending on need and your schedule.
For more information, please contact Sigrid Newbury, Volunteer Coordinator, at (386) 274-1004 or via email at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in being a Kindred Hospice Volunteer!
About Kindred Hospice - Daytona Beach
1717 N Clyde Morris Blvd, Ste 130, Daytona Beach, FL 32117, US
The mission of Kindred At Home - Hospice Division is to honor life and offer compassion to individuals and their families when facing a life-limiting illness.
Kindred Hospice serves patients in their homes whether it be their private homes, assisted living facilities or skilled nursing facilities.